S4: 365 miles on 57 litres

SonicDeathmonkey

Reaction score
As a follow up to the last one, turns out that driving like miss daisy does indeed yield an average of 29 and a bit mpg in the old S4.

Never has a tank full of Tesco finest lasted so long. I remember the days before the baby arrived, where a tank would be lucky to see 270 miles...

Good work!

I remember trying something similar with my old 1.6 16v nova and after a week driving around like a gran i'd managed about 5 miles more than i normally do, so i didnt bother after that!

Impressive!!!

Don't think I've EVER seen better than about 25mpg lol

firstly,
fancy telling everone you had a nova.
i only get 240 out of a full tank in a 2.6..maybe 350 if i go straight on motorway.

Is that all motorway driving, and is your car mapped ?

whats the lowest you have had, if you drive it hard ?

As a follow up to the last one, turns out that driving like miss daisy does indeed yield an average of 29 and a bit mpg in the old S4.

Never has a tank full of Tesco finest lasted so long. I remember the days before the baby arrived, where a tank would be lucky to see 270 miles...
Its a bit hard to believe as me 2.5 tdi quattro wont return that good Mpg if pushed a bit ! I wont rely to much on the odometer/trip computer as they are un-reliable ! The last s4 i've seen struggled to better 17Mpg and dropped to 9Mpg when given a bit of stick... Going to change the hard boots i'm wearing for some balerina shoes...maybe i will hit the 50Mpg mark next time i'm on the motorway holding everyone behind me while in 6th gear doing 35Mph :jump:.

ive had 29mpg in my S4 doing mtorway driving at 50mph, hard work on the old foot and ankle as its just hovering above the last pedal, i aint seen 29mpg in a long time though and i think its gone down to 8-9 if i blast it

Well the DIS lies like a cheap watch. The mileage was calculated on the odometer and litres put in.

It's almost all motorway and dual carriageway. I live a mile from the M4 and drive to a train station 1/2 a mile from the dual carriageway, so it's almost all constant speed driving.

Each way is probably about 18 or so miles.

Back when I had a lead right foot, I'd only get 250-270 miles out of the tank. Car isnt mapped. Only difference from stock is the performance exhaust/cats