Strange question but...

ALPINE

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost
Reaction score
does any one know if a b5 passat door is the same shape as a b5 a4? should be as the A pillar is the same but unsure. i want to do somthing a little different involving an A4 front end :eyebrows: and trying to add up the funds and issues.

Thanks!

The passat is about 6" longer than the A4 in wheelbase, which means theres more room in the back.

That means at least one pair of doors has to be longer to make up the difference. I've no idea if its the front or rear doors that are different or even both though...

Both doors are completely different up to the point of fixtures, locks and internal braces. Only the chassis is similar(NOT Identical): front subframe is shared across the range between passat b5, audi a4 b5, audi a6 c5 and skoda superb, rear subframes are similar to the a6 c5. I would keep the passat doors and just take the looks off if you decide to get moody ! Its very easy to ruin something beyond repair when playing with things like that !

I've got some Pissrat (sorry, Passat) wing-mirrors that I intend to fit in the new year... but even then, they'll need a tiny amount of modification to get them to fit.

I've got some Pissrat (sorry, Passat) wing-mirrors that I intend to fit in the new year... but even then, they'll need a tiny amount of modification to get them to fit.

no need to say sorry mate.. i call it my pissrat too!! lol

Hmmm, wondering what to do, had a dream and met a naked white indian and he put the idea in my head that i could make a pasaudi...... hmmmm hmmmmm what to do...... hmmmm. lol

cheers for the replys people.

infact mark that is not such a silly idea, i got a tiny tiny dent in the wing which you cant see but i knows there. Could be a good excuse to get a new wing and have a peekaboo.

hmmmmmm hmmmmm hmmmmm do i or dont i...... i promised the wife id leave it alone lol

i just canny do it captin....

I'm assuming the front of a Passat is the same construction as a B5 A4 (bumper, front panel and the front wing mounting points). although they look different on the outside, I would image that VAG would keep the internal front end structure all the same to keep tooling costs to a minimum... after-all, the engine mounts, etc are the same.

it does look simalar tbh. i was expecting to change the wings, slam, bumper etc. pretty much the same way you get a bolf. (bora front end on a mk4 golf)

somthing tels me it aint gonna be that easy. lol

I looked at an R36 the other day.
I could debadge that and have some real fun!!

keep it VW I say.
is it 1.8t?

I will sent it to you.Snigger, FAO Mrs D........

He he he
i missed that... lmao mark i dare u! lol

I looked at an R36 the other day.
I could debadge that and have some real fun!!

keep it VW I say.
is it 1.8t?

yes its a 1.8t. :)

Go for a Bentley front end.. VAG innit should bolt on easy enough?!

hmmm imagine the call to bentley parts department...."what model is the car sir"? ........ er.... its a Passat luv....

Last edited:
Just leave her as she is, and then you can Dub away. On the Zine there is a guy with a Passrat and Pink Bentley rims, HHMM TASTEFUL

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320439
9029_171770630379_506495379_4301185_102382_n.jpg

yeah I can still see the centre cap!!