Audi A4 B5 TQS clutch change

steveboyo

Quattro'd Caravan
Reaction score
Hi All
I have a B5 1.8 TQS saloon with a car/clutch that has covered 150k. Since purchase 2yrs ago at 128k after approx 5k it developed a slight judder on pick up in first gear but once warmed up all ok. Now it has started to slip, only when trying to pull off to quickly(clutch bite is at end of pedal travel). Have seen many clutch kits on ebay with a LUK kit for £90(delivered), but if need a DMF that would be an extra £300 all plus labour.
Have also seen a clutch changeover kit, ebay number 390077733769 for a very reasonable £175. Awaiting reply on make and availability for my car from vendor.
Has anyone changed over they're DMF and clutch to a single mass flywheel and clutch yet? If so what are the advantages/disadvantages of both. Also use car for towing caravan so want to make sure what best purchase is for me. Not looking to remap or mess about with car as i'm happy with the standard performance.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Steve

I called those folk advertising it for 175 and they quoted 380.

I'm currently investigating using a flywheel from an earlier car (Audi 80) and a clutch from an early A4 TDi, but not ironed out all the details yet.

If your getting judder the flywheel is likely shot.

Thanks Aragorn
Please keep me informed how you got on. So i take it you've opted for the single flywheel approach?
Didn't the Corrado G60 have a 228mm flywheel?
Steve

Corrado is a transverse engine though, and the flywheels are different.

Most Audi 80's and very early A4 TDi's have a solid flywheel designed to take a 228mm clutch, so i'm hoping these parts will go together and give a cheap factory setup.

I'm just waiting on someone from ebay to sort me out with a flywheel.