Sad,sad day

marsie

Reaction score
well its a very sad day.I have decided to put my beloved S4 up for sale:bye:.This is due to a new business venture and unfortunately neccessary.So anybody wants a bargain S4 giz a shout.

When things improve at work i will be back (hopefully with a RS6:rockwoot:) until that day,i will have to be Audiless:3sadwalk:

Hey ho
Paul:notme:

sad to here pics??? price? would help buyers

no disrespect fella as i dont know who you are, but i think your pistonhead add makes the car sound a dog. (the last bit mainly) i think you have gone into to much detail about the bad bits. say the bad bits, leave it at that. Some mite think it sounds like your trying to make excuses for the bad points.

good luck with the sale bud :)

Looks a good buy to me. Yellow cars are faster too.:icon_thumright:

Also do not mention the reason for selling if I were you as well as the bad bits

no disrespect fella as i dont know who you are, but i think your pistonhead add makes the car sound a dog. (the last bit mainly) i think you have gone into to much detail about the bad bits. say the bad bits, leave it at that. Some mite think it sounds like your trying to make excuses for the bad points.

good luck with the sale bud :)

Hmm:think: i see what you mean,i like to be honest with people but maybe i will tone it down a bit??
Cheers
Paul

I didnt see the original ad, but it looks fine to me now.

Smashing:thumbsup:,lets hope it generates some genuine interest?? sooner i sell and get my new business up and running,the sooner i can get my RS6:yahoo:
Thanks for the help and advice guys:applaus:
Paul:salute:

this is yours,
Due to a change of circumstances i am selling my Audi to get a 4x4 towcar.Its a 1999 pre-facelift model in imola yellow with full black leather and black headlining.It has done 150000 miles but has full history and had a replacement engine(plus most of the ancillary parts) fitted at 97000 by truro audi.I have only had the car since july but have spent a fortune on getting it upto scratch.
4x new tyres
brand new LCD display(warranted)
18" black rs4 alloys
All new suspension links
all new brake pads
Brand new Audi concert radio(with modified volume control-common fault)
Brand new audi cd changer
new engine mounts(inc snub mount)
full stainless cobra exhaust system
K&N induction kit
private plate included
chrome wing mirrors
new alternator
tinted windows
all the usual S4 spec inc climate control ect.
Tax til end of march 2010
test till oct 1st 2010

Bad points
a few weeks ago the passenger door was damaged(dented and slight scuff).
few marks on body as you would expect for a 10 year old car

I have tried to be as honest as i can and this could be a real bargain
Thanks for looking

there is nothing wrong with what you wrote but this is how i would put it.

Here you are looking at my much loved 1999 S4. Due to a change of circumstances i am selling to get a 4x4 towcar as the Audi is no longer pratical for what i now need. . She has done 150000 miles and has full history. I also have the paper work to proove the replacement engine(plus most of the ancillary parts) fitted at 97000 by truro audi.

Car has all the normal S4 goodies such as:
Full leather interior,
Fully working climate control,
brand new LCD display(warranted)
18" black rs4 alloys -with 4x new tyres
All new suspension links
all new brake pads
Brand new Audi concert radio(with modified volume control-common fault)
Brand new audi cd changer
new engine mounts(inc snub mount)
full stainless cobra exhaust system
K&N induction kit
private plate included
chrome wing mirrors
new alternator
tinted windows
Tax til end of march 2010
test till oct 1st 2010

Bad points
passenger door has slight damage as seen in picture, in my opinion, good clean paint work for a 10 year old car.

Will be sad to see her go, and of corse please dont be afraid to ask any questions about the car, i will be glad to answer upon request, HPI welcome first to see will buy.
Thanks for looking

Last edited:
I have looked at both ads and i must say that alpine yours grabs me the most. It feels more personal and a much more loved car ( if that makes sence ) so next time i sll some thing butty i will pay you to write the add for me if thats ok lol

Sorry marsie :respekt:

Is the private plate anything of interest as it is not shown on the advert, unless I am a blind northern numpty who missed it?

You win Alpine,i have changed the ad to your wording:thumbsup:.
Time to watch and wait? if it sells i will buy you a pint(or 2)
Fingers crossed:beerchug:
Paul:blink:

That will easily sell at that price :yes:

Think I've sold mine now at last (2 1/2 weeks?).

Thats what i thought,but have had nothing but timewasters.Nobody has even come to view?(several have rung but not turned up:banghead:)
Paul

The one that turns up and sees it in the flesh will buy it I reckon ;)

Thats what i thought,but have had nothing but timewasters.Nobody has even come to view?(several have rung but not turned up:banghead:)
Paul

Had this kinda trouble when i sold my last car a few month back. Lots of phone calls etc, trying to haggle a price over the phone, then the few that came to look tried the "it isnt wot i thought etc etc" but then still tried making offers about a grand less!!!:tocktock:

Just stood my ground, reasonable guy eventually appeared and we struck a deal, good times.

People seem to take the urine at the min with recession, think that they can name the price they want and you'll crumble! Ive never had trouble selling a car before as i usually price them accordingly and dont own a bad car, just be prepared for some crap, but there is still genuine buyers out there!

Exactly,my car is priced cheap because of the damage on the door but mechanically its perfect.Had one guy ring up a few days ago offerring me a rediculous price,he got the face on when i said i would rather break it up for bits and get more than he was offerring??
After all,i am not desperate to sell,if it doesnt sell i will put it in my workshop and store it till somebody does want it(and if older Audi prices are anything to go by,it will only get more expensive?).Have got a guy on another forum seriously interested but he has a car to sell before he can buy mine.I would rather a enthusiast buy it that will appreciate what he's got?

Paul:icon_thumright:

Good call mate, thats exactly wot i done, kept it garaged and just left the ads running with no hurry to sell.

Only problem with that is everytime you see it, you end up wanna keep it again!!!:uhm:

Yeah, I daren't even DRIVE mine incase I start getting sentimental again.

I keep thinking I should take my wee boys out in it for one last blast (they love the car), but we'd just end up getting too attached to it.

Hmm,thats the problem.I think i would cancel the insurance and weigh the tax in,then i wouldnt be tempted to take it out:busted_cop:
Paul:footy:

Sold it today:icon_thumright:. a guy at the pub we went to for dinner saw the ad stuck in the window and bought it there and then:rock:
Paul

Well done on the sale!! Great when it happens that way.

Mine's supposed to be going tomorrow too :(

I'm buying a late 2000 facelift BMW M5 off a friend in the village.

I just can't the V8 noise out of my head (it has a H&S custom system on it).

Good choice mate, exactly wot im thinkin of next! Was sold on the e46 M3 for quite a while last year, but you cant beat the spec of a top M5, hopefully next year for me as i have a new Vectra SRi for everyday just now.

Get some pics of it up when you get it!:busted_cop:

Sold it today:icon_thumright:. a guy at the pub we went to for dinner saw the ad stuck in the window and bought it there and then:rock:
Paul

I never thought those signs worked!

Congrats on the sale mate. You'll be back in an RS before you know it... just you wait and see.. Mwoo haa haa haaaa haaa haaaarghhh!!! [/evil laugh]

Good choice mate, exactly wot im thinkin of next! Was sold on the e46 M3 for quite a while last year, but you cant beat the spec of a top M5, hopefully next year for me as i have a new Vectra SRi for everyday just now.

Get some pics of it up when you get it!:busted_cop:

Yeah, I'll get some pictures up when I've cleaned it. It's abssssssssssolutely FILTHY!!!.....but I've told him not to clean it as I'm one of those sickos who likes to 'get at it' and transform it.

It's in Le Mans Blue, Comms Pack (TV/phone/satnav/dvd etc), black leather, private M5 plates, stainless system, memory seats, folding mirrors etc.

Very high motorway mileage, but serviced to death and VERY VERY cheap ;) Worth a small fortune in parts if it blew up tomorrow lol

I never thought those signs worked!

Congrats on the sale mate. You'll be back in an RS before you know it... just you wait and see.. Mwoo haa haa haaaa haaa haaaarghhh!!! [/evil laugh]

I didnt think they worked either but we came out of the pub after our dinner on sunday to find a pair of legs stuck out from under neath(despite 2" of snow!!).The guy was a bit of a second hand car dealer but didnt even try to haggle on the price:sign_omg:)
Yep,hopefully if the new business takes off i will be back but in a RS6 avant:hubbahubba:(got to think-practical:whistle2:) till then its back to my rangerover
Paul:)