Xmas vs S4

S4twiggy

Fully Certified Detailer!!
Reaction score
ive just realised how much xmas is a bummer, buying gifts for people that you dont really want to buy for and using the excuse that its xmas so you have to go to partys and go out for drinks with aquintances lol this has all come at the wrong time for me....well i have chose the wrong time to mod my S4 ha, im currently saving up for my trip to MRC in january for a custom remap,milltek and boost gauge to treat myself for my 25th bday but at the end of december i have to renew my tax and MOT so this xmas is gona be a long slow boring one as ive set myself a budget(how boring am i) aslong as i can get the car sorted for the MOT ill be well on my way to MRC:arco:

oh and did i mention i need springs and dampners aswel lol if you dont see me post much on here its because im in the shed with a blanket hibernating until january not to spend LOL

sounds good

i want to put new tyres on the refurbed wheels mine came with £240, i also want to do a cambelt, w/pump and stat change, another £200

im sure the car will throw up other costs too. you had yours long?

9mnths now, ive had a lambda sensor and MAF done so a good service is due now i think, these cars do throw up surprises lol

got a set of S4 springs here in my shed going spare

came off my 1999 facelift S4 and have covered 70k

Just hang in there buddy, all good thing's come to those who wait or save. I'm in the same boat. Bad idea me buying those bbs wheel's. I'm looking forward to christmas.
(12 day's off work) My first full christmas off in a good few year's.

to be honest i am looking forward to it just im impatient and want it out the way so i can get my remap and exhaust on lol plus ill be getting suspension, well springs anyway until i can get the bilstein shocks............roll on febuary!!

colin mate you wont regret gettin the bbs when they on the car dude, its gona look stunning with them on, cant wait to see them on

Grant hope this pic cheer's you up a little. This could be the sort of lowness you are looking for .
Exterior2.jpg

Last edited:
ive just realised how much xmas is a bummer, buying gifts for people that you dont really want to buy for and using the excuse that its xmas so you have to go to partys and go out for drinks with aquintances lol this has all come at the wrong time for me....well i have chose the wrong time to mod my S4 ha, im currently saving up for my trip to MRC in january for a custom remap,milltek and boost gauge to treat myself for my 25th bday but at the end of december i have to renew my tax and MOT so this xmas is gona be a long slow boring one as ive set myself a budget(how boring am i) aslong as i can get the car sorted for the MOT ill be well on my way to MRC:arco:

oh and did i mention i need springs and dampners aswel lol if you dont see me post much on here its because im in the shed with a blanket hibernating until january not to spend LOL

Mate, good drills setting yourself a budget! Its so easy to get carried away with the modding lark. Few years back I did £7000 on engine upgrades for a liner in the space of 3 weeks!!! Learnt my lesson. Wait for Mr Claus.....

troubleis i always change mu mind on wot i want to do lol but ive decided now to stick to my guns and get the suspension i want first so in january she will be dropped and hopefuly late feb or early march she will be tuned but ill be making a brake upgrade first i think as mine aint up to it

S4twiggy - so you are not going with the coilys now? What brake upgrade you going for?

Christmas - baa hum bug!!:)

NEVER skint yourself for a car!!!

Dan i'm 50/50 on this due to having a house and so on but every man or women should have a nice car, just working to pay mortgage comes first alway's, but any other spare cash i get goes straight on my car. Grant has his mind set on having a crisp looking S4 for 2010 . When i was his age owning a car like an S4 was just a dream..

NEVER skint yourself for a car!!!

Fair one mate, but I was in the army at the time with no family or financial commitments. Payday just meant vodka tokens or +bhp for cars. Even if I spent all my money in the first hour of getting paid (a regualr occurance for all the lads!!) you didnt have to worry about being skint.....4 meals a day and accomodation no matter what. Easy life really.........:whistle2:

Family/children and house first these days for me,......much better investment IMO ;)

A fun car is a bonus, but I wouldn't get myself in debt for one or anything.

I soooooo wish I hadn't spunked as much cash on pointless car mods over the years now.

You took the words right out of my mouth!! If I had a rebate on ALL the pointless mods I have ever made, including sh*t tools bought for thr pointless installations, I could go and buy a mint B5 RS4 with tastefull mods.
When I think about it.......it really makes me feel like a tw*t!!!

Dan i'm 100% with you on not getting into debt over a car. At our last local club meet myself and Grant had the same chat. It is so easy to say i want it now and
max out a credit card, working and saving for these mod's take's time.

Sitting in for weeks on end to get the cash for the next mod take's alot of will power,
It's even harder when your mate's are going out getting pi..ed up and and all sort's.
New wheels or hung over hard choice

been there done that when i comes to getting into debt, thats why i now have no credit cards, no phone contract and bsically little debt, ive worked hard over the last 2 years working 16 hour days and staying in on weekends just to pay it all off, im proud of wot i done as most of my mates would have jus said ****** it and went on the razz but i stuck at it and as a reward ive got the STUNNING S4 outside my window, im not the type to go on the **** all the time or blow my money on stupid things so thats why i put my money into my car, its a bummer having expensive taste though lol but my bills come first then my girl gets treated(car not the mrs lol)

ill never get into debt over anything or anyone again and seeing as this will prob be the only car that i tune and modify i may as well do it properly.

but oh did i mention my brakes are on the way out and its my MOT on january and money is tight and i want lots of things for the car but things like this always creep up so looks like the suspension will be hit or miss for january now:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

S4twiggy - so you are not going with the coilys now? What brake upgrade you going for?

Christmas - baa hum bug!!:)

na dude, going for springs and shocks, not sure which ones but prob the eibach springs and bilstein shocks.

as for brakes well im looking at jus uprated disks and pads i.e tarox but not sure yet as grant has got his RS4 brakes over there so might have a chat with him bout them

Grant i maybe able to help you out with the S4 brake's ect, I have been all over the place( England and back) trying to get a set of wheels to fit my b6, all the wheels hit the caliper's. I may put the standard s-line brake set up back on. I'm stuck with the merc wheel's, and i'm gutted i sold the s-line wheel's now

im not the type to go on the **** all the time or blow my money on stupid things so thats why i put my money into my car, its a bummer having expensive taste though lol but my bills come first then my girl gets treated(car not the mrs lol)

We've all done that, but fiiiiiinally I've come to realise that spending on all the 'quality' upgrades you fancy isn't a good investment either,........you get very little of it back.

In the real world (from an outsider's point of view) it's up there with the worst investments in the world lol..........up there with 'throwing your money into the river'.

We adore our cars, but one thing's for certain, we NEVER keep them forever. As sure as eggs are eggs we'll sell them on at a great loss, buy another 'project' and start alllllll over again.

Being young free and single is one thing, but as said I wish I'd put a bit more aside for 'life' than I did. You never know when that boiler or washing machine might pack up, when you need that deposit for something or when you need to pay for all the school uniforms and swimming lessons etc etc etc etc.

Moral of the story is, buy a good car that's already been modded :)

i wish i did buy an S4 already modified but like i said this is the only car im gona modify, my next audi will jushave a map and nice wheels on so im gona do t now to get it of my system befor i properly settle down

*my next audi will jushave a map and nice wheels on

*so im gona do t now to get it of my system befor i properly settle down

*Sounds familiar.

*And so does that :laugh:

Tenner says you'll keep doing it :) This is a long-term bet.