What Power Steering Fluid?

THE MONSTER

Reaction score
the plot thickens with this changing of the Steering Rack..I was advised by the guy that sold me the recon Rack that you want to use LHM Fluid and paying for Audi Fluid is just a waste of money..the Audi Fluid I had originally was Audi Spec G 004 000 M2 I was told that was for my car at Audi which is a 1997 1.8t Sport..It makes you think but I have had the car for about 2 1/2 years and noticed just a small drop ages ago in the Reservoir so just topped it up with the above it's probably a coincidence that I have now got Leaks in the Rack...I was wondering what Fluid you guys used and what spec..I even saw some Audi's use CHF...even more confusing...

ive been playing around with vag stuff for a few years now, its very hard to decipher what it needs because the OE stuff rarely gives all its specs

anyway, my advise would be use whatever audi say, or buy the same part number from VW for less money

VAG cars use a funny PAS fluid. I spoke to a few people who recon you shouldn't deviate from the recomended fluid. I know a contact of mine at a motorfactors looked it up and it just specifies VAG fluid with no alternatives offered.

to be honest you may as well buy from main dealer as it cost me less than £10 for a litre and that not much different to hellfrauds price etc...and at least you know it the right stuff

Was going to say you can get the proper stuff from main dealers and its going to be the right one, costs about £7, cant go wrong...