Hi

russ g

Reaction score
hi there all, im new to the audi scene i have brought a 1996 a4 1.8t and having a bit of trouble so far just hope there is some one that can help me please the problem started when i filled the car with fuel when walked away to pay for it relised there was alot of fuel over the ground, not a good sign with fuel still dripping from the tank anyway get the car home check sender unit and the seal was half in the tank so clearly fuel was leaking from here so refitted seal and away we go. after driving down the road for abit car cuts out straight away think of fuel starvation release fuel cap and sure enough big release of pressure so started car and it ran fine with cap removed so must be a breather blocked some where can anyone please help with this? also today the fuel gauge has stopped working plugged vag com into it and has come up with this code,

00771-fuel level sensor (g)
30-00 open or short to b+
could anyone shed some light on this situation as its driving me nutts :keule:sorry to have such a troubled first post

cheers russ

You have a grounding issue, most likely when the mechanic refitted the o-ring on the tank it lost ground.

Blocked or faulty N80 valve causes the build up of pressure. Its the cylinder shaped thing on top of the airbox. They can fail and not allow the closed loop system to close and not breath

hi there thanks for your reply is this the evap canister purge regulater valve with a two pin plug is there a way of testing this? ill check the wires on the sender unit the weekend thanks for the help

cheers russ