Winter covers

AB5QTS

Reaction score
Just a general question for all. Anyone recomend a good either full cover or window cover to keep old jack frost away. Remember I live in the highlands :cold:

Cheers

Argos do one for about £25. That's what i use...

whats wrong with an old blanket!?

I want a full cover for when its in the garage. Is the argos one soft on the inside? Had one from halfords once and it scratched the roof

I have my A4 in the Garage for most of the time..with it being inside it needs to breath I looked at all the covers expensive one and everything and you can pay silly money for one when there is no need..this one I have breathes and it fits the A4 like a glove(size medium)..I have the full Sports body kit on as well..I paid about £25 for this 18 mths ago from a motor factors now a well known Super-Market are selling them at £14.68.. I have just deleted the Name thought I might be breaking the Site rules by advertising them perhaps someone can let me know if this is so sorry for being ignorant to this ..makes no difference being in the highlands if it's in a garage and it needs to breath you put an heavy one on and it seals it up too much(can't breathe)

Last edited:
Sorry for my ignorance..it's of course the place which will one day own everything Tesco..and you want Mp9861 Medium and here is the Link cheap as chips...grab one mate just stick it in the boot when you don't need it..and trust me I would not use it if it scratched anything..
http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-0848.aspx

Last edited:
..makes no difference being in the highlands if it's in a garage and it needs to breath you put an heavy one on and it seals it up too much(can't breathe)

[/QUOTE]

Cheers for the thoughts guys. Yeah The Monster, I mentioned the Highlands cos it is out in the open. I have no garage, mores the pity. Would save scraping ice off the wind shield with a pick axe :blink:

A tip my Dad gave me for the cold/freezing mornings.... Dont know how it would work on a saloon version as Ive only had hatches or Estates......
Before you have brekkie put a fan heater in your car on low heat with 'stat set high, by the time you come out to drive off, all the frost or snow has gone and the car is nice n toasty.
Just make sure that the fan heater is not pointing at anything close like meltable head rests!!

A tip my Dad gave me for the cold/freezing mornings.... Dont know how it would work on a saloon version as Ive only had hatches or Estates......
Before you have brekkie put a fan heater in your car on low heat with 'stat set high, by the time you come out to drive off, all the frost or snow has gone and the car is nice n toasty.
Just make sure that the fan heater is not pointing at anything close like meltable head rests!!

Whoooaaa Rallyman. Wouldn't want to do that I don't think in my saloon. Might come out to a well toastie car. Might be keeping the whole car park warm if you know what I mean. It's a bit noisy with the milltek for leaving it running to defrost too. Will just have to buy something and see. Cheers for all the advise :thumbsup:

Keeping the carpark warm? I dont get that?

Put the heater inside, close the door, lock the car.

If you dont have a driveway its not that easy though. By the time you've faffed around running an extension cord out, you may as well just have scraped the glass.

Personally, i've never bothered. Come out in the morning, start car, scrape glass and drive off. The time you spend fitting and removing a cover could be spent scraping the glass.

Well by keeping the carpark warm I meant the car catching fire. Lots of heat then. Yeah I start work at 0530 so am out at the car at about 0500 and car is too loud at that time of the morning to be starting up. There's always the kettle:rock: