Door open warning on dis?

olds_kool

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
should early facelift models show that a doors open?

my 1.8tqs warns me when the boots open but not when a doors open, the avant im breaking is the same, both are early facelift with the analogue clock (my car has s4 cluster but original was the same)

so is it just later cars with the digital clock that have this function?

My early facelift does doors and boot mate. I recon its a bad circuit on the door switches as they are doubled up, one switch for the interior lights and one for the dash

does it show a whole car when boot is open? got a pic?

i remember you saying mark but didnt see it for myself (thought you might of been mistaken, first time for everything)
just thought its odd that none of the doors show up on either car but it does show the little car pic when the boots open
car electrics confuse me, they seem to be why use 2 wires when we can use 5 instead

I am a down right liar.

I have just been out and checked and mine does boot only, the A3 does them all. Sorry mate, your car is fine, it's my memory that must be broken.Tho i am sure it did........... arn't i ?? MEH !!:shrug:

Last edited:
Strange, what year are we talking about? My 2000 ATQS shows boot and doors!

come to the conclusion that its not meant to show the doors, at least nothings wrong, your 2000 will have a digital clock? so is different to the early facelift ones