Newb 1.9TDI vs 2.0 TDI Question

Amir

Reaction score
Hey...

I am new to Audi and am looking to purchase either the old shape Avant or new shape, I've been told that 1.9TDI are much more reliable over the 2.0TDI having alot of common faults such as the Turbo going on them etc etc?

On the other hand I've heard on the new shape 1.9TDi being only 105/115bhp is really crap with 5 speed, but the 2.0TDI is 140bhp and alot better with 6 speed.

My mate has just got an A4 Saloon 2.0TDI 55 plate he says the drive isn't as good as his 1.9TDI 54 plate, and doesn't feel as quick.

I am not after speed by no means, I have a big project coming shortly which is why I require an Avant and the looks at the same time. I will be carrying alot and I mean alot of weight in the boot. Practically the avant boot will be fully used up at all times.

Can't find a decent one at the right price, since last year the prices have shot up!

What support/advice can you guys/girls provide?

Thank you

i've had my 1.9tdi avant for 3 weeks now, you don't need 6 gears :)

mine struggled up steep hills with full car, unsure whether i wasn't pushing it hard enough tho since my last car was a vento VR6 with healthy 2.8 v6 :)