Carbon interior trim DIY?

ian52

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow
Reaction score
anybody done this? i mean covering the original trims with proper carbon cloth and epoxy resin?

cheers,that looks worth a try. i was meaning proper carbon cloth with epoxy resin so when its set its real like the originals but that looks good for fake stuff. kind of like the non glossy finish too.

cheers,that looks worth a try. i was meaning proper carbon cloth with epoxy resin so when its set its real like the originals but that looks good for fake stuff. kind of like the non glossy finish too.

If you hurry up there is some genuine carbon trim being sold on audisrs.com. Good price and will save you some hassle.

I have gathered all the parts for this and will be doing it very soon, just dont seem to have a minute just now. Will get pics up whenever i get round to doing it!

ya make sure you do, a how to

seen the ones for sale but im in the process of buying s4 bumper,skirts and door trims and my front arms are needing done so dont fancy spending even more money at the min. i was very tempted mind you,good price for them. i missed a set on ebay a while ago that only went for £26!

I'd be interested in this too... pics, pics and more pics please!

anybody done this? i mean covering the original trims with proper carbon cloth and epoxy resin?

I have actually done this, see my 2.0 stroker build in the project room there are a few pictures there of my results. There are some good videos on you tube that will show you various methods for doing this. The one thing i can say is it is very difficult to get a nice finish, its far easier to use molds but that in itself is time consuming. Im have managed to cover my belt line trim with 2x2 weave, looks loads better than the OEM plain weave. take a look at carbonmods website there are kits and videos from there, only word of warning to you guys there resin is poo! Buy the best resin you can get and be mindful of the temperatures you work in, this has a massive influence on the final results. Hope this helps.

How about Piano black, anyone done this?

Reckon i could do it easy enuff, you looking for a set like that???

Not quite, i have wood trims already and looking to get them (piano'ed) black by someone.:)

Drizz, i still have mine mate, mind u asked bout them a while back, havent even got them off yet, still yours if u want them? Just been really busy with work etc last few month and now been made redundant so cars took a back seat at the moment, hardly even looked at it!

Ras, wot do you mean by gettin them piano'd, just paint them? U not try them yourself?

Ive got dash ones, just not door card ones now but if theyre a good price ill take them asap

Ive got dash ones, just not door card ones now but if theyre a good price ill take them asap

Hows £5 each?

How quickly u need them? Gonna start doin sum decorating in house from tomorrow but problem is my bro has parked his car on my drive and cant get to mine at the minute as his batterys flat and i need to move the Audi out to do doors. Leave it with me, see if i can get it done next day or so, want his car away anyway, its holding me back from working on mine!:banghead:

Sold. Can i have them today?

Nah kidding. As and when matey, but i will have them sooner rather than later :)

there is a set of wood ones in the scrappie here but not quattro.

Sold. Can i have them today?

Nah kidding. As and when matey, but i will have them sooner rather than later :)

Ok mate, will try get them done for you by end of week latest. Will let u know when they're off n get address etc.

Or if you want em today you'll need to cum here to pick em up......along with the 2.8 Quattro A4 thats attached to them!!!:p:icon_thumright:

Drizz-Many appologies mate, have been so tied up in getting house decorated before Crimbo etc and also made redundant just a month ago so getting everything in order. Good news is my bro should be selling his car soon which is blocking mine on my drive and i'll be able to get to it, so will hopefully have them off for next week. Again, sorry for delay mate, been a hectic few weeks for me, looking forward to getting back to work on the car now!:kissmyrings:

Ras, wot do you mean by gettin them piano'd, just paint them? U not try them yourself?

piano'd black its just a high gloss polished black finish
dunno if i can achieve this type of quality finish myself.

piano'd black its just a high gloss polished black finish
dunno if i can achieve this type of quality finish myself.
just get some gloss vinyl and wrap them! great results and dead easy!

just done mine in brushed ally effect vinyl, chuffed with the result for the grand total of £4.70!! i'll be posting up some pics in the b6 section later :)

edit: here u go this is where i got mine from:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/D-C-FIX-GLOSS...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item2c514d52e0

Last edited:
ok cheers PM me the link to your thread on the B6 incase i forget

Drizz-Many appologies mate, have been so tied up in getting house decorated before Crimbo etc and also made redundant just a month ago so getting everything in order. Good news is my bro should be selling his car soon which is blocking mine on my drive and i'll be able to get to it, so will hopefully have them off for next week. Again, sorry for delay mate, been a hectic few weeks for me, looking forward to getting back to work on the car now!:kissmyrings:

Yeah ok matey as soon as you can....

i've got a set of wood inserts in the lam. shop at work taking splashes off them at some point next week so should have a set of moulds soon. my boss has said that any items that enthuiasts are interested in and if there is enough demand i.e pre paid deposits he will consider doing moulds for most things in composite materials for any marque ans model. Atm im contemplating having the dash inserts, wing mirror covers and possibly my front splitter done in carbon and kevlar (lat.weave black carbon, long. weave yellow kev,)
we have access to the following materials;
carbon
carbon/kevlar
kevlar
grp
ballistic arimid fiber ( if u own a tank)