What bits now? arm rest parts request?

aidank1981

Reaction score
hey all,

found this obviously v rare A4 B5 black centre arm rest bur need the part(s) number(s) to actually mount it? what is needed below? any pictures?
have found a few guides but without part number(s)

thanks again!
Image023.jpg

Image022.jpg

you need the stand for it, can you get it from the same place you got the armrest, i dont think you can buy it seperatly
then you need to cut a hole in centre console

edit, checked the one ive got and it hasnt got a part number so it must come as part of armrest

thanks lad but got it off ebay, i did ask the seller but its all he had.... looks like the search continues :(

what about getting a refund from the seller?

does anyone know what fasteners you need?

from what i know, there are the 3 that holds the bottom bracket down and a single one that bolts through middle of brackets.

are the 3 holding down bottom bracket already on car?

ok i just fitted an armrest last week

there are three bolts that are already fitted to the car 2 have nuts on them holding down the centre console one doesnt so you will need a nut & washer for that 13mm i think.

also there are 3 screws that are screwed up from the bottom of the armrest bracket that your missing and this holds the bracket onto the centre console in the correct postion otherwise the console trends to move about where the armrest goes through.

you do realise you have to remove the centre console from the end of gearstick section to the seats? (just checking lol)

cutting the exact shape hole is a pain in the neck if you dont have the orginal console as a template as if your slightly out the rubber seal wont sit properly and will look messy with gaps around (if you want a template i can give you my cardboard one i made using the console from the car that i got mine fromas the template (console was wrong colour that why i didnt use it)

also when fitting the armrest you will have to trim/remove certain parts of the underneath of the console as those not fitted with an armrest are slightly different and have extra plastic bits to replace the fact there isnt the mounting bracket fitted.........

and best of luck finding the botton bracket but i have seen them on ebay......... rarel tho

alan

alan, that helps me alot. cheers

fortunate for me i got the bottom bracket :)

if you need a template let me know and ill post you a copy, also if you need pics i could post some here of which bits are different/ need to be trimmed

cheers alan but at min, alternators gone on mine :(

so i'll not look into it until the weekend.
whats template look like? can you post image in form of a drawing with dimensions?

one of the feet is snapped but it should still fit ok

if you work in oil industry suprised you cant afford audi prices!!!

taking off in the choppers from scatsta the roads look like a fun drive in an s4

jesus!! thats SO clear now its been pointed out! so much for 'full working order' glad i held off my feedback till i'd seen it! i'll be kicking off about that!
oil industry is as ropey as any...especially working for BP just now...
shetland roads are fantastic! fairly well invested in we good cambers an very little standing water etc! very quick and twisty!

I can get one of these from my local scrapy for 30 pounds but i was put off coz i have to cut out the hole any one know if its a tricky job or is it straight forward to do

Alot of the guides on here claim that the whole to be cut is marked on the underside of the console? obviuously makin it much easier? any of you guys experiance this?
sent off my grumpy ebay mail! he can have it back if its broken! I'LL HAVE MY £60 THANKS....

its annoyin! there not easy to come by!!

well i have to consoles, one pre facelift and one facelift and its defo not marked on the marked on the back of either of them, also ones that came fitted with the arm rest already are diferent to those that didnt, they have less plastic bits that you will have to remove to fit the armrest properly...but its very job and is sort of obvious when you line the rest up

this is such a pain in the back side to do without the right tools :laugh:
couldn't find my dremmel tool so had to do it with a mini hack saw, 4hrs later - Done.

mines a face lift model and didn't have any markings. i also didn't have to remove and plastics from underneath!! fastened the lower bracket to console then fastened lot down to car.

4hrs???? lol i did mine by drilling out around the basic shape with small pilot drill the usining hacksaw blade and file to finish........took 30mins

only took an hour to do whole job incuded install etc

are you sure you dont need to remove the little extra bits of plastic? i didnt think i needed to until i compared how it sat against the other console that it came with and then noticed that it was twisting/ putting strain on the plastic console.............but if you got it in then thats its all fine lol

for some reason i thought i'd only need the small square for brackets to come through even though i noticed the foam gasket that sits in between console and arm rest lol.

i noticed the bracket twisting slight, there are 3 screws that fix the bracket to the console, so i thought it was normal for it to be a tight fit. at least i know plastic is going ot be sterdy having fastened everything together.