Power Steering Fluid Loss

THE MONSTER

Reaction score
Hi,I have needed to top up my Power steering fluid a couple of times lately..I have looked at the hoses there was just a slight bit of fluid on the engine tray directly underneath the reservoir but not what you would have thought enough but cannot see any visible leaks at all..can anyone shed any light on this problem I would appreciate any comment..thanks...

I had a similar problem with my old A4.. the hose attached to the reservoir had a small split in the end. I got away with trimming the hose back to a fresh bit with no splits in and reconnected it.

Oh yeah and if you do need to do that then bleeding the brakes afterwards is a good idea. Obviously down to you to assess whether any air may have entered the system or not.. dependant on fluid level etc.

Last edited:
Just fixed mine. Fluid was in undertray like yours. If you take the front bumper off you will see a black metal cooler pipe which runs in a U bend infront of the radiator. On mine it was the bottom rubber pipe connected to the metal cooler pipe. Where the rubber pipe joins the metal one. It is held on with a couple of jubilee clips. These had both broken so I replaced them. Fixed the prob. Yours might be a different leak location but I have heard this is the most common leak in the PIPES for the PAS system. Hope this helps mate.