Heated Rear Window fault finding ...

Mistwraithuk

Reaction score
Hi all,
Any electricians around? My rear heated window is not working, however the wing mirror demisting is ok. Checked the fuse, which I believe covers both, and that is fine.
Any ideas how to test the actual rear window element? And where is the connection ?
Thanks all,

Got one of those, any idea what sort of resistance i`m looking for ? Or maybe as long as its not to earth its ok ?
I`m guessing i could read amps with meter in the ciruit to check the connection is ok ?

Put the meter in voltage mode and measure across the lugs on the screen with it on and see what you get.

If you get a voltage, then turn it off, disconnect the supply cable, and measure across the screen in resistance mode to see if you get a reading.

Its unusual for the entire screen to fail in one go, they usually drop "lines" over time.

i would check the wiring loom where the door opens and closes for any damage or breaks

check for power at the connector terminal in the corner of the screen if nothing i would start from the front ie maybe the switch is faulty.