i have an audi a4 t 2001 with electric radiator fan problem

sorin32

Reaction score
i have an audi a4 t 2001 with electric radiator fan problem it starts just after i insert the key, and dush board lights come on, before starting the engine.the air is blowing out to mi as i stand in front of the car. can anybody tell me what is wrong ? thank you.

i have an audi a4 t 2001 with electric radiator fan problem it starts just after i insert the key, and dush board lights come on, before starting the engine.the air is blowing out to mi as i stand in front of the car. can anybody tell me what is wrong ? thank you.

i have an audi a4 t 2001 with electric radiator fan problem it starts just after i insert the key, and dush board lights come on, before starting the engine.the air is blowing out to mi as i stand in front of the car. can anybody tell me what is wrong ?
i both this car on 25 this month but 2 days ago the batery went dead so i changed it.from that time all this radiator fan problem. Thank you

There are two electric fans on a B5, ones for the AC and the other is for additional engine cooling.

Which fan is running? Open the bonnet and have a look.

I only had ONE electric fan on my 1.8T... and that was for the A/C - so I deleted it when I removed the A/C and replaced the front panel with a non-A/C unit...

is the one in the right side as i stand in front of the radiator,it is right behind the radiator.Thank you.

if its on the engine side of the rad then its not the AC fan...

Most cars have either one viscous fan on the right of the rad, or the viscous AND an electric on the right (when looking at the engine bay from the front)

Does your car have two electric fans?

Either way, there will be a temperature switch somewhere thats failed, and it will need replaced.

i don't know. i am not sure if i can drive it to a garage without damage anything to the engine.what do you tink ? Thank you.

What engine does your car have?

If you look down between the engine and the radator you should be able to see two fans. One is normally attached to the engine, the other is electric.

The fan is just a cooling aid for slow speed driving. I would imagine that it will be perfectly safe to drive the car to a garage (and anywhere else for that matter) as long as the coolant tank is full.

Well afaik, 1.8T's only have one viscous coupled fan (ie attached to the engine) then another fan infront of the radiator for the aircon?

You say the fan thats running for you is behind the radiator?

A photo might help?