Chrome window trim

heymynameismark

Cool beans.
Reaction score
Hey

I did a search with a few results of people wanting to de-chrome their surrounds

My question is, where to get it from? I fancy it as an addition to my car and want to know how easy this is to do and where I can source? Does it come up often second hand/Ebay and so on?

Thanks

I'd also like to know the answer to this, can it be painted?

Mark ive heard its not cheap or easy as they are riveted in place.

Also the other problem is when they remove the black trim from the donor car they often bend and break.

I have seen some cars in the B6 section that have used vinyl to cover them. I am lucky as both my cars have been black trimmed so not expreienced first hand what its like to "fix"

Thanks guys.

Just to clarify, I want it ON my car. The chrome that is :)

Riveted? Really? Along line closest to the roof or something? That sucks

http://chromeandcarbon.tripod.com/

Shadowline tape, used it on my B6. Don't have the link for the 'patience of a saint' site though!

Can I suggest that buying 2 rolls is maybe a good idea.

Tried cheaper tape too, but it discolours when stretched.

Hope that helps.

Sonnyjim

id love chrome aswell, i thought it was standard on v6 models

rear quarter light glass would need removing and trim replacing for the correct part that allows chrome to be fitted, trouble is its bonded in

No photos yet, just done it the day before coming away for a month or so. But I think it looks far better than the chrome. Chrome trim seems to remind me of a old Mk1 Ford Granada my mates dad used to have! Although there was a fair bit on that.
Looks good when fitted but I rushed mine a bit, hence I have another roll on the way.

It seems those with chrome don't want and those without do.:think:

Sonnyjim.

id love chrome aswell, i thought it was standard on v6 models

rear quarter light glass would need removing and trim replacing for the correct part that allows chrome to be fitted, trouble is its bonded in

Eugh. This does sound like Audi made it a pain in the ****. The work of taking out glass and getting it re-bonded is putting me off big time :(

I think the chrome looks quite smart, and I kind of wish I had it.

Just to confirm; I fancy girls.