S4 boot switch

S4twiggy

Fully Certified Detailer!!
Reaction score
last week i ordered a boot switch from audi and they said it would be with them thursday which turned out to be friday which turned out to be monday, after gettin home this evening i thought id try and fit the new switch which turned out to be the ****** wrong one so i went down my local VW where i got it from and they said that electrical items are non refundable????? anyway sorry to babble on about knob head dealers and how crap they are i just thought that id mention this as the right switch which should fit mine comes from the jap/mexico market of audis so hell knows why is that. just thought id post a pics for you to see which is which and if someone has changed the boot switch on the S4 can they tell me if it looks like mine please.

my switch taken off my S4 this evening
Photo109.jpg

switch that VW gave me with the part number 8D5 959 489
Photo110.jpg

oh and can someone tell me why the S4 switch has to connector things on it an the other just has one?

thats the funny thing, it aint got part number on it??? im not sure if it is a genuine part to be honest, its got the name "cherry" on it with the fruit symbol but the 4 ringson it too so not sure

Last edited: