rear shocks

What model you have, saloon/avant, FWD or quattro ? Its quite involved job and you will need good spring compressors(FWD) and a decent tool kit. Its easy enough on saloon FWD but you will need to peel the trims in the boot on a FWD avant to access the fixings. Quattro is the same either avant or saloon...

Easy, peel back the carpet trim just about to give you access to the 2x13mm bolts and twist the shock to release from the cage. Remove the bolt holding it to the axle and use springs compressors to release the tension off the spring. Replace the washers, self locking nuts and bump stops as they will be past their best... Refit in exactly as the removal procedure but make shure the spring/shock sits properly into the cage.

when refitting found droping the car down slowly onto an axel stand made it easier toalign properly when doing it on your own i you can raise the strut bak into he turret very slowly

I have the same task to do on my Avant QTS - so Ive got to load up Elsawin (VAG haynes manual) - its more work!
Though if you need more help it is covered in the normal Audi A4 Haynes service and repair manual. Should be at a local Halford near you!!!
It looks straight forward enoughit has a 3 spanner rating - suitable for a competent DIY mechanic....
Enjoy!
Michael

TQS is easier than a FWD tbh.

Dont even need to do anything inside the car, its all done from the arch.
Only if the bolts arent rusty, otherwise its much more work than on the FWD ! I suggest, wichever model you guys have, replace the bolts and the self locking nuts you remove with brand new jobbyies !