1 of 9 lives gone...........(more like 4 of 9 to be truthfull)

Hofmiester

Henry the 8th
Reaction score
I bought my 2.4 V6 last week and decided that today I was going to dedicate my entire day to minting her up and making it all good with a full service, polish and general fixes, i spent most of this week collecting parts etc

Got the car up on axle stands at about 8:30am and set to work under the car draining the oil. While I was working I could hear what sounded like someone giving it full pelt down our road (quite a busy main road) then I could hear what sounded like someone losing control.....tyres squeeling etc and it was getting louder and nearer....then I heard a collision

I instinctively rolled out from under the car and litterally at that second my car was hit and pushed right by my head and then down the road about 4 ft away :faint:

This idiot in a brand new 3 series had come hairing into the roundabout near my house, lost control and slid out across from the oposite side of the road to where i was, mounted the pavement (our cars are parked on a hard standing by the pavement) hit my wifes fabia, bounced off that and then spun and hit my car knocking it off the axle stands and about 4ft down the road.

I was very very very nearly crushed under the car :scared2:

That was the closest escape I've ever had with my life but unfortunately the A4 is less lucky, the car landed on one of the axle stand that had been knocked over and its impaled the sump by about 3". also the front bumper, driverside wing are trashed.

I expect they may write it off as beyond economical repair.

My wifes Fabia is also damaged. Wing is crushed and the passender front wheel is bent at an angle.

Still, I'm alive :)

Last edited:
What a ****! What was the driver's attitude like when he/she got out of the car?

Glad you're ok.

what a total prat glad you are alright what did the bloke say when he got out?

He was pretty shaken up too but claimed that he wasn't speeding, blamed the RWD of the beemer but I've had a couple of BMWs and I know that it takes quite a lot to spin across 2 lanes, up onto the pavement. Also there was enough force to bounce off the fabia and keep going........the police turned up about 5 mins later and then the accident investigation guys marked out the road etc

Verdict should come through this week but the coppers where saying that its likely to be hard to work it out as it was so wet this morning.

He hardly said a word to me......******* :crying:

img00002.jpg

img00003.jpg

If you look where my engine covers are on the road, thats where the front of my car was parked and I was lying on the road next to the BMW at the point of the accident, looking away from the cars.

When i turned over I expected to see my car but instead there was a BMW there!

You can see the axle stand has pierced the sump on my car and there is oil all over the road :(

Holy **** man!!!!

So glad you're OK though.

I'd be having nightmares baaaad style.

I honestly thought your story was exaggerated until i seen the pictures. Thats a very close call. Any more pics?

Glad your OK though mate!

You can see from how the axle stands have landed how hard the impact was. One is still under the car but the other is feet away after the accident.....that was originally under the car!

I'll never work with axle stands on the street again that's for sure.

Here is a pic of the fabia, it was originally parked straight with the wheels straight. The beemer hit the front passenger side and then spun 180 degrees and hit my car, rear first.

fabia.jpg

You can see from this image, the damage to the fabia (note the other wheel that you cant see is actually pointing almost straight ahead so something is very broken there and also the wing and wheel are damaged (doesnt look that bad in the pic).

You can also see the scuff marks on the pavement from his car.

Finally you can see the W&anker on his phone in the background :)

Police: "hard to work out".

WTF?! what is hard to work out.
two parked cars, one nob in a 3 series that parked itslef backwards.
you don't have to be ******* Steven Hawking to work that one out!!

insurance should be an open and shut case if he does indeed have any!

sorry for your loss.
screw the insurers and buy an S4 with the payout!

Well the main thing is you're ok. You had a lucky escape mate.

On the bright side with talentless muppets like that about BMW can have their **** status back on Top Gear

What a bell end. Glad your ok.

Working for an insurance company (Confused.com), we run a forum thread detailing some of the more bizzarre claims. This would be on there, for sure.

To be the first comment from the driver, i'd say that was already on his mind and actually was speeding! Looks like a tosser who couldnt control his car when giving it sum!

:wtf: as stated before BMW drivers! defo speeding for sure Glad your ok thats the main thing, just hope you dont get no grief from his insurance.
Keep us upated

wow, your a lucky man. you should claim post traumatic stress and say you cant sleep on a night, take loads of time of work if you can afford it and go for about 10-15 k compo plus your car

Dude. My underwear would have been incinerated. Reminds me of a near head-on I had on the A1M. The what if's don't bear thinking about. Glad you're safe and it's only metal that's bent. That really is the only main concern. Sometimes, it'd be nice to be able to take a **** like him round behind a fence, crack a few into his head and then when the cops turn up say, 'oh he must have hit is head when he crashed' *wink* *wink*.... Damn litigation.

i kicked a teenage chav **** across the road a few months back in front of a cop and when said chav complained the cop refused to believe i would do such a thing in front of him and told him to clear off....lol

i kicked a teenage chav **** across the road a few months back in front of a cop and when said chav complained the cop refused to believe i would do such a thing in front of him and told him to clear off....lol

LMAO...was the police officer's name Mr Goon by any chance?

@ Hofmeister, sorry about your car, but at least you're alive. It could well have turned ugly, and that idiot could have been looking at a manslaughter charge.

Cheers for all the comments guys, I was lucky for sure!

Got a call from the insurer this morning. Car is a write off due to being beyond economical repair :(

Now the haggling fun begins....

Does anyone know if I am legally obliged to disclose how much I paid for it to the insurer? I ask as there is no way I can replace it for what I paid :(

Got a call from the insurer this morning. Car is a write off due to being beyond economical repair :(

Now the haggling fun begins....

Does anyone know if I am legally obliged to disclose how much I paid for it to the insurer? I ask as there is no way I can replace it for what I paid :(

No, the insurer is obliged to give you enough money to buy an equivalent car. If it costs £2k to buy another one the same then your entitled to 2k, even if you baught the car for 35quid.

they normally send you a cheque to there valuation thinking you will just cash it, but you can return it if you disagree

shame about the car but its easily replaceable and it could of been alot worse

Oh no.. sorry to see that mate! Hopefully the insurers will be fair.

As said it could've been much worse.