S4 Brakes on A4 Quattro Turbo

I

imported_Cali

Please Help

I have been told to different things. But I'm sure someone here must have the answer.

Will the Calipers and Disc of a S4 (B5) fit a A4 Turbo Quattro (2000).

Does anyone have any ?

S4 brakes fit fine on B6 A4.

It's well known that B5 S4 brakes are very different from the normal A4.

Best bet is to go for the 312mm A6 rotor upgrade and later you can upgrade with Brembo Porsche Boxter calipers.

That's what I'm doing.

nmb

I would like more details of this conversion if you or anyone else has them.

I'm having my car chipped next week and would feel happier if my brakes were uprated from the current A4 Quattro Turbo.

[ QUOTE ]
Cali said:
nmb

I would like more details of this conversion if you or anyone else has them.

I'm having my car chipped next week and would feel happier if my brakes were uprated from the current A4 Quattro Turbo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm doing in two stages.

First what the audiworld article states as the A8 upgrade. In europe A8 have 314x30mm so we use the A6 312mm together with the TT calipers. Straight job very easy. No machining need. Only if you planing doing the rear upgrade. I'm not.

Second when I get the chance on some Boxster black calipers, you can use them with the 312mm rotors by buying a system 1 brackets from BIRA. www.bira.org Don't go for the boxster S red calipers. Those are the 996 calipers and can be also used but with diferent brackets and 320x32 rotors.

hope it helped

nuno

Thanks Nuno

Are the TT calipers any better than the standard Quattro turbo ones - I was wondering about S4 or S6 calipers and discs asI thought they might have more stopping power.

so all i would need to do this is the tt caliper brackets and some 312mm discs?
do they fit under the 16" competetion rims does anyone know?