Un-Even Power Delivery on 2.8q

I

imported_ZeroK66

Hello all,

Right from day one pretty much I have thought the power delivery has been strange.

From about 1500-3k the car seems to pull nicely. After 3k it has a little burst or torque and goes well. At 4k though the car seems to go VERY flat. After 5k it picks up again and storms towards the red line. The flat spot at 4-5k is the most annoying thing ever. That is just where you jump on the gas and NOTHING happens till 5k - very disappointing.

Is this normal for the 2,8q?

Yes I get the same power distribution, slight flatspot between 4-5k. Although it is quite useful as you get plenty of pull before that, which is good for normal driving when you can hardly even hear the engine, then on those occasions when you need to cane it you get that turbo like boost from 5-6.5k. I think it's normal, but I did find it was less noticeable with a K&N filter fitted, but that might just be pyschological.

I've read that the 2.8 ecu chip - while not offereing significant peak power increases, smoothes out the flatspots, giving a better power curve/delivery.

I would say its a worthy upgrade.

A bit of a relief to hear that people have similar power delivery.

I assume it has something to do with the VVT. Anyone know what sort of RPM the car changes?

Anyone got a Dyno/rolling road print out for a 2.8 30v?