rear coil spring

DEEJAY TQS

Reaction score
been getting things done bit by bit since getting the tqs, onto my final fault on the car, a snapped rear coil spring, obviously wanting it right id want a pair, phoned up a automotive outlet to get me a price on 2 coil springs after about a 30 min wait on the phone, he come back with £300 for the pair, is this right for two springs or is he fobbing me off as he cant find the correct part, thats stupid money for a spring

Sounds like the incompetence of Euro Car Parts to me!
I would expect somewhere around the £80 mark for the pair.

They can't get pattern TQS springs as far as i know. Is it a 1.8t yes? I have a spare one that was replaced by the previous owner if you want to make an offer

thanks for the replys people

phoned audi main dealer, just on the off chance and asked for a price, was a bit puzzled that he come back with £51 each including my 10% discount, came today £118 all in well chuffed for the pair,so where the hell did they come back with a figure of £300???? just goes to show

I just had my S4 ones done. 80 quid for the pair plus 2 hours fitting.

However, when they took them off, they found that the "carrier things" had rusted to bits. I saw them and they were in a right state.

I just had my S4 ones done. 80 quid for the pair plus 2 hours fitting.

However, when they took them off, they found that the "carrier things" had rusted to bits. I saw them and they were in a right state.

how much were they??? might as well get them ordered if they are not a fortune

I think they were about 80 quid too. They are the bits pressed up against the inner wing that the springs and stuff attach too.

Sorry for the lack of detail!