New winter wheels...

Jesus, they didnae last long mate. Looked great too, the plan of them in silver woulda been great I think. Wots next up then, any plans?

cool mate sorry havent been in touch car going thought it mot and it fail happy days, will get it sorted this week. are u sellin the black alloys and how much?

The black Monoblocks have gone now - it was a short and sweet relationship with them... Ollie (Phoenix) made me an offer I couldn't refuse and picked them up in the middle of the night late last week!

Hello Giles. Yesh timing was a bit off wasnt it!!!lol! Treated them to a set of dunlops sport max tt's (225/45/17). Look fantastic on the car. Going to drop it 20-30mm(eibach pro kit on my oem sports suspension...new) and get some spacers to bring them out. Oh got that lcr lip too. Cars shaping up to be a good un! Enjoy the 5's!-Ollie.

Nice one! Be sure to get some pics up when it's a bit lower then fella. Was good to meet you. :icon_thumright:

Well, they've arrived... but they're damaged. The courier company has made a right mess of them. Not happy at all. It'll be a while before they're on the car now. Grrrrrrrr!

Long story... but they didn't arrive in the same condition as they were sent in... in dispute with the courier now.

Off to Dubai tomorrow, so will update you all in 2 weeks time! :beerchug:

Have fun in the sun mate. Will get some pics up next week when I have a bit more time/put the bits on.

courier or crap packaging?

One package arrived okay... the other two were a right mess. They had been re-packaged by the courier company (as it was their tape holding it all together) - and they're claiming I've got no case. So I've told them I'm taking it further.

The A4 passed it's MOT this morning too, which is a bonus! Would have failed on emissions though, so we had to fool the computer a little bit to get it through... :uhm:

See you all when I get back!

It would have failed coz it was running too rich. Something to do with the re-map... the tester said.

Managed to semi-bypass the system in order to get it through though. Obviously needs looking at though... but in my mind it's something to do with the engine-bay fire I had - replacing the cone filter with an original air-box, etc. There might be something that got damaged that I didn't replace...

If the cat is still fitted it shouldnt be running rich...

If its rich with the cat fitted, the cat is likely dead.

What were the CO/HC/Lambda figures?

That sucks they got damaged mate. Hope you signed for them as damaged, otherwise the couriers try wiggle out of it! but hope you get it sorted ok.

Fat fives on a silver a4.... where could you have got that idea? :think:

A little inspiration for you mate to hurry up and get them sorted....

P9250008.jpg

no need to sign for as damaged, you may not realise until you open the package,
I got Parcels2go to pay up in full for a 5 wheel refurb when the managed to drop a wheel hard enough that the two layers of cardboard, filmwrap and 5mm of high density foam around the rim was cut through and the paint chipped off the rim on one they delivered. the others all had marks and chips as well.

keep at them, photo everything, keep packaging, get the sender to send photos of items before shipping (even if they are not the ones he sent you!). even without specific insurance the courier has to cover damage whilst in their care.

It will all come down to packaging. If they were packed as you describe jcb then you've got a claim. If its wrapped in a binliner and some parceltape, not a chance.

Well Geeman said that the courier had taped them back up with there own packing tape. we got stung at work recently where some stuff we sent out got damaged and the people who recieved it just signed as normal. we were told what you should do is either sign it as damaged or not checked. This was with a major courier company who to protect there identity I will call T'aNd'T, we called them up and got passed from piller to post and they couldn't care less. never did get it sorted in the end...

If the couriers had to repackage them, that surely indicates the original packaging was substandard and had come off...

In their terms and conditions, it states that they would not accept any packages if they were not presented in a manner that they deemed acceptable... so the onus is on them... surely?

Writing to you from Dubai where it's frikkin hot!

they are mint loothe biz black wheels loo mint on silver rest of motor is top banana , my wife wont let me spray my standard wheels black pesky women she dont understand the neds