little project

that ax is probaly weighing nothing too, ifyou can match an evo like that wit summin small id be happy

Weight kills acceleration, which is why I had this :)...........

img054.jpg

img058.jpg

It was seriously aggressive for a 1.2 LOL

Coscast C20XE (2.0 16v) running circa 160bhp.

I didn't have a Quaife in that like I did in my Astra GTE Turbo, so it snaked and torque-steered like a bitch. Hillarious little car for peanuts.

s4marsh: my mates currently building a locost, which is a general name for the build-your-own-lotus7-type-car-from-a-book things.

Its really not possible to do it for £250 these days, the donor vehicles fetch more than that alone, and the costs of all the parts are pretty high.

Also doing a single donor build makes quite a lot of compomises, so when you start changing things to make them better it starts getting a lot more expensive.

He's using mazda MX5 uprights for instance, and was also planning on using the MX5 rear diff, so he baught an MX5 shell for all the parts, turned out the diff wasnt going to be strong enough for the power he wanted so he had to find a ford cossie diff, which is ~£200 on its own. He had a volvo T5 engine, decided to go with that, but then had to have various bits machined off the sump and a custom gearbox bellhousing welded up to make the volvo lump to a BMW gearbox.

He's probably spent a grand or two already, and doesnt even have the frame built.

i think the lo-cost build budget of £250 would cover the frame if you build it yourself these days your right about the extra costs aswell i would never have used the ford siera donor you'd struggle to find one of them these days...

there are some race series where the budget is £3-4000 and that includes the car and 10 races around the uk which is what i'd like to do. i tried out for the renault clio cup scholarship back in 2000 but was working abroad at the time and couldnt go to the 3rd track day heats so missed out i'm not saying i would have made it like but,i also came 223rd in the world in the GT5 academy, the winner is racing in the gt4 series the ****....

It was seriously aggressive for a 1.2 LOL

Coscast C20XE (2.0 16v) running circa 160bhp.

I didn't have a Quaife in that like I did in my Astra GTE Turbo, so it snaked and torque-steered like a bitch. Hillarious little car for peanuts.

summin which we are looking for mate, summin small quick and cheap