Wheel 8J x 18 ET35 5/112

Nez

It's my birthday
Reaction score
Website
peace.netfreehost.com
Hi guys just trying to fit a Alloy Wheels 8J x 18 ET35 5/112 into my Audi S4 and they have 235/40/18 tyres on them and the driver sides are touching the upper rear uprights I have no problem with the passangers side its only the driver side :( any ideas guys why they touching the driver side and also do I need a wheel spacer's or should I change the tyre to 225/40/18 ? also I will lower the car by 25mm soon too so should go lower then 225/40/18 in case it does touch with 225/40/18 when I lower the car ?

Any help would be great :)

they should fit no problem mate, put my new wheels on the oher day and they are sme spec(et35 8.5wide 18's)

dont see why it would be touching on just the drivers side:uhm:

Suspension tend to vary side to side. Seldom are the settings symmetrical left and right.

An example is the VW Golf II & III. Too large wheels, and the nearside rear will rub on the wheel arch, due to SETBACK, especially on very low cars. In laymans terms, the wheelbase is different on nearside and offside.

they should fit no problem mate, put my new wheels on the oher day and they are sme spec(et35 8.5wide 18's)

Your tyres are 235/40/18 :uhm: or 225/40/18 :uhm: I might just change the tyres to 225/40/18 to be in safe side :) or should I get a wheel spacer's ? 5mm 0r 10mm :uhm:

i have 235's on my s4 using b6 s4 wheels 8x18 et35 and needed 10mm spacers but the clearance is spot on and even all round

ET25 (ie ET35 and 10mm spacers) is getting a bit silly on standard bodywork...

ET35 also sounds very low for an OE wheel, are you sure they're not ET45?

ET25 (ie ET35 and 10mm spacers) is getting a bit silly on standard bodywork...

ET35 also sounds very low for an OE wheel, are you sure they're not ET45?

The rims are ET35 but I will check them tomorrow again to make sure but the seller did said that it was ET35 :think: one thing is not right is that the passanger side is fine but the driver side is not :think:

That was more aimed at S4marsh with his OE S4 wheels.

ET35 and 8" should fit, but a lot will depend on the design of the tyres. If they're particularly bulgy or have particularly fat sidewalls they might catch where they'd otherwise clear.

Out of interest do they have the same tires all round? or are the ones that are catching a different brand?

The rims are ET35 but I will check them tomorrow again to make sure but the seller did said that it was ET35 :think: one thing is not right is that the passanger side is fine but the driver side is not :think:

Read my above post.

To rule out any oddness i'd try swapping the wheels left to right and see if the problem moves.

The geometry between the wheel mounting point (ie the hub) and the part of the upright it catches on is fixed (its all one casting) so i cant really see any reason for there to be differences side to side. If it was catching on the shell then it might be build tolerances, but i'm pretty sure the uprights will be symmetrical, given that a few of the suspension arms on both sides are the same.

I found the problem :( the rims are ET45 not ET35 the seller had made a mistake and I spoken to him today and I will return the rims to him and get my money back thanks alot guys for all the replice :) at the end nothing was wrong with the car it was the rims and my mistake not checking them and trusting the seller :(

plenty folk run ET35 with lowered cars without a problem

Yes the spacers will cost some money, it just depends how good a deal the wheels were.

plenty folk run ET35 with lowered cars without a problem

Yes the spacers will cost some money, it just depends how good a deal the wheels were.

Wheel cost me £360 :notme: and they are 18" Lamborghini Gallardo REPLICA Wheels ET45 tyres are 235/40/18 two are at 5mm and other two around 3mm tread.

URL]

hmm, not the cheapest then. I've seen new replicas for ~£400 without tyres, and seen as two of those tyres are pretty much done already, doesnt seem that cheap unless they're all in pristine condition...

hmm, not the cheapest then. I've seen new replicas for ~£400 without tyres, and seen as two of those tyres are pretty much done already, doesnt seem that cheap unless they're all in pristine condition...

The condition is not good either thats why I don't want to spend more money on them.

That was more aimed at S4marsh with his OE S4 wheels.

yes mate your right the oe b6 s4 wheels are the same as the b5 et 45+ 10mm spacers giving et35 i forgot about that, and as you say a et25 would be ridiculous/illegal with standard bodywork as in my opinion its borderline now

the cheapest new 10mm spacers you will find is at ESP engineering i think around £80 for a set of 4 if you need them