Stainless exhaust for sale

Geeman

Low Life
Reaction score
I've just put an ad in the classifieds for a 1.8T stainless exhaust - cat-back, complete with modified down-pipe... for those that might be interested. :eyebrows:

Nice, if only it were a bit cheaper :crying:

Open to offers (or wheel deals) from anyone on it... :yes:

I'm not trying to make money on it at all... It took me two trips to Leeds to pick it up (the second as he had forgotten to give me the modified down pipe the first time which led me to getting another system made up as I thought it wouldn't fit!)... so just trying to get some money back for it.

what is the downpipe? custom?
Would you sell them seperately? I need a downpipe to chop up and add an external wastegate tube

I can't sell them separately as the system won't fit without the modified downpipe I'm afraid...

Will post a pic of the downpipe in a bit...

Thats why it wouldnt fit:icon_thumright:

That's right!

Went back last night to pick the downpipe up (after much arguing) but in between time, I'd gone to a Powerflow dealer to try to get it fitted without it (as I'm impatient) and ended up getting a new system custom built instead!

So that's why it's up for sale now!

geeman if you've got a question bout posting it then thats from me mate. just found it. do you need the down pipe won't it just fit on the standard pipe.

if you are looking for alloys you will need an ET of 35 for 18's to go on your B5

depends how wide they are, could run ET45 if they were 7.5" wide and you might just about get away with ET40 on 8" rims, though most people drop to ET38 or ET35 on 8" rims.

I'm running 8's with ET of 48 - Got to use 10mm spacers on the rear though to stop the tyre rubbing on the coilovers!

Stu... you'll need the downpipe fella... it's been modified to fit. Trust me, it won't fit without it... I tried with two places without it before going back to the guy who I bought it from and then he remembered he had the downpipe modified to suit. Silly ****. I've replied to your question in eBay anyway...

thanks mate. i know i sound stupid mate. does it still have the cat with it and how load is it.

Stu... it bolts straight to the cat as it's a 'cat back' system.

No idea how loud it is as I never had it fitted... but was told it wasn't that loud from the guy I bought it from. I have a very similar system fitted to mine now (single box, straight through) and it's actually quite quiet.

thanks for your help geeman i'll let you know how i get on. i've got a couple of options before i decide how to proceed mate

Stu... someone's offered me £175, to include delivery, via Ebay. I said I'd get back to them tomorrow... so if you decide you want it, you had better be quick!

Cheers,

Giles

if theres a guy whos prepared to pay 175 then take it mate,

Even though this person has won the eBay auction, he's yet to find out whether or not it will fit his non-turbo 1.8 20v - "a bit late now" I told him...

Could be available again if the guy backs out. :ermm:

depends how you define "will fit"...

Its not going to bolt streight up, thats for sure, but i'm sure it would go on with a bit of cutting and shutting.

He's a knob-head.

Claims I mis-advertised it for both a saloon and an avant and it won't fit his avant. What he fails to admit to, is that his car is actually a non-turbo model.

So, it's off back on eBay again... Grrrrr!

I suppose that's what you get with eBay... lol

In the style of Victor Meldrew - I don't ****** believe it!

I've just re-listed the damn thing, and now he's decide he wants it after all!

****** idiots! I've got better things to do than spend time arguing the toss with uneducated knob-sacks.

:banghead:

sounds like a rite muppet mate. pitty some people don't have a brain

tell him its his buy now for £190 to cover your ebay feeys and for him being a bell end.