AEB A4 : From across the pond (US)

AEB A4

Reaction score
Hey everyone. The names Tyler. New member to this site but have been on VWVortex for a while now. Let me know what you guys think about the car. :beerchug:

1999.5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro
Engine/Performance:
K04 w/ GIAC chip, 315cc injectors, 3 bar FPR, Borla Exhaust, Cone filter, home made heat shield. 3" test pipe, MBC, snub mount.

Body:
S4 front bumper + lower door moldings + side skirts, 96' "Euro" trunk(boot), OEM RS4 grille

Suspension & Wheels:
KW V1 coilovers and Diesel Geek skid plate, OEM Porsche Cup 1 wheels (17x7.5 front 17x9 rears) w/ 25mm H&R adapters.

Interior:
Pretty much stock except for AWE-Tuning vent boost gauge. I have a full S4 headliner with handles, lights etc.. ready to go in and am looking to buy a roll bar very soon.

Link to original thread with progress so far.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3891498&page=1

From this...

l_3d5f9c4b1a3af28f0e373f6ba2c6461a.jpg

To this. Here are some recent pictures.

P1020094.jpg

6573_1193933683511_1083480167_30642996_3799092_n.jpg

DSCN0179.jpg

3742096436_0892444503_o.jpg

IMG_2696.jpg

IMG_2765.jpg

Ill update this as I get new stuff on the car.

i really dont get it , i prefer the us boot lids id love one of them but they love the euro then put a plate on that doesnt fill it , i love us plates too our plates are **** , i think worst in the world infact

o but car looks nice , what are diesel skid plates?

Welcome aboard bud.

I like your whip, just reckon the suspension could do with being left at a reasonable height. I'm not into massive drops, even if it's just for show purposes.

Loving the S4 bumper and sides though!

People want what they dont have (or whats not readily available). Thats why you like US trunks and I like euro ones. I still have my US trunk if you want to buy it =D

Heres a pcture of the Diesel Geek skid plate. Its a metal skidplate to replace the OEM one. Protects the oil pan and what not. Im a bit low so its saved me a few times.

P1010280.jpg

Last edited:
That must rattle your bones if you drive over anything rougher than glass!

anyone know how much to ship a bootlid , thats if it dont get destroyed on the way. Would it work out cheaper to fab one and just buy the handle thing

The car drives awesome at that height. The KW's are such nice coilovers. Ofcourse its not like stock, but its not as bad as other coilovers at similair heights. And at that height I can get around pretty easy without bottoming out. My daily drive to work is about 20 miles one way and its fine.

As far as power, never brought my car to a dino so dont know for sure how much hp it has. Not the fastest thing on the streat, thats for sure :laugh:

Yeah I'm still pushing a whopping 170 hp! Yeah baby!

Tyler car looks straight sex as usual.

love the cups, would have porsche wheels on mine if I could find some in the right diameter and width combo

I'm a newbie to the Audi scene. Been on Vortex for a while, but Tyler's been interested to see what the UK forums are like I think :)

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I know a few of you guys either from VWVortex or Audizine. Oh, and there is a nice box filled with "goodies" getting shipped to me right now from Scotland, Thanks Mark. :friends:

Looks ace!

Love the choice of wheels.

Love how it sits.

Love the colour.

Love the 'rack.

Love it!

You all knew I would though... right? :laugh:

Geeman: Thanks, i actually posted a picture of your car on VWVortex yesterday after coming across it in the picture thread. I love the stance. Very clean.

And i really dont plan on changing too much. I would love to get a full respray and pulled fenders with a euro rear S4 bumper but thats not in the budget. Roll bar is next, polished (maybe chrome dipped if i can get it done for a good price) with an X bar. Some may say its dumb since its a daily but I love roll bars.

Apart from that hardcore drop and roofrack, stunning car.

Welcome to the site ;)

Cheers bud!

Here's one of mine from today for all the roof-rack and slammed stance haters! :lmfao:

a4_rac13.jpg

wot is it with the roof rack thing then??? is it summin the DUB boys do?

a car bra lol

blue headlights:detective2:

It'd be boring if we were all the same... :whistle2:

:iagree:

I go snowboarding in the winters so the roof racks are needed. In the summer they come off and may go on for a few weeks or two when im bored.

That hatch looks pretty good. Maybe if enough people are insterested in US boot lids we can get some over to you guys.

Im getting kind of bored with my car latley. I was thinking of getting a Cupra R lip but that might get ripped off....The box with goodies coming form Mark in the UK was halted a week, thats no biggie. I would love to find a set of Recaros CS seats <3

Mine has the LCR front lip. Looks great and it's very cheap!

Get me a silver US-spec bootlid sorted then! :eyebrows:

lovely car
is it a facelift?
in the first picture your bumper looks like a uk pre facelift except we never had the option of front bumper fogs
you wouldnt happen to know the part numbers for the grills and fogs would you?

Old_skool: it has facelift lights, grill and side repeaters in the first pic, so i'd guess it is?

Must be a US spec bumper of some description...

my avant has facelift lights, grill, centre console, b post trim, door lock strikers etc....
its not a facelift though

on american forums they describe spec as 98.5 99.5 2000 etc im just interested in the differences and in the parts we dont get

The US never got the facelift front or rear bumpers.

So, a facelift or pre-facelift front bumper looks pretty much like the European pre-facelift, but had foglamp option.

Not sure as the bumper is slightly longer on the US model too for some reason.

There is a cheap Ebay offereing of fogs and grilles for a Prefacelift A4, circa £40 only a recent addition

You have fogs dont you?

just need part numbers for the grills and ill give it a go
those ebay jobbies look a bit cheap n nasty
i did have a facelift bumper with fogs but needed fitting parts for my tqs so i took it off and it got nicked from back yard