AEB A4 : From across the pond (US)

The steering wheels on the wrong side.

I'd say the British RHD set-up is the wrong side. :ninja:

:iagree:

Our pre-facelift bumpers didnt come with fogs. In 1999.5 we got one piece headlights, fogs, etc.. etc..

Old_skool: If I still had my fogs I would send them over but I sold them a while back.

Yep our face-lift cars actually used the same bumpers, just different grills that allowed for fogs. I actually run preface in my stock bumper, I think it looks cleaner. SO for you folks with your euro stuff and junk....did you guy get the same style trunk as Tyler has, meaning the trunk button and junk. I've seen a few variations so I am curious.

tylers looks like a pre 98 uk
98 ish they removed swage line from bottom to smooth it out
and are facelift have flush handles and lock with hidden electic switches to open them

Face lift got the same euro trunk but with flush button and trip switch by the plate lights to pop the trunk oh and a different swag line.

Compactspoiler5.jpg

No, we only got two versions...

1) push button with swage line

2) electric popper without swage line

Yup, only 2 "euro" trunks I know of. The facelift boot also has a different shape to the license plate recess. It fallows the outer shape of the trunk unlike the earlier one that was squared off.

I'd say the British RHD set-up is the wrong side. :ninja:

we have been driving on this side of the road for the last 2000 years, i would say the streeing wheels on the wrong side

Hahaha... you serious?

1: I'm baffled at your "wrong side" statement. What's the point?

2: Audi is made whereeeee... ? Which side is the steering wheel on there? They just have to cater for us when they let us buy them.

3. There's no right or wrong side.

Gawd. This is retarded.

we have been driving on this side of the road for the last 2000 years, i would say the streeing wheels on the wrong side

Im pretty sure the mandate to drive on that side of the road was made law when the original "London bridge" was made and traffic became a bit tight (for that time atleast) A sign was put up saying keep left. Before hand there was no law. People rode there horses any wich way they pleased. Since they where then riding on that side people thoght it smart to ride on the right horse (if it was a carridge) so they could see how close they where to other people. Read this in a Porsche magazine where they argue wich side is the proper side ot drive on.

Just saying... :icon_thumright:

Huh... never knew that.

How come everyone else drives on the right then... if we were once the world's conquerors, how come everyone decided to do it the other way? Just to be awkward? lol

Huh... never knew that.

How come everyone else drives on the right then... if we were once the world's conquerors, how come everyone decided to do it the other way? Just to be awkward? lol

it was just to spite us! the bastids!!

Huh... never knew that.

Well from what I have read most of Europe pre-Hitler drove on the left side, but also changed from region to region. Hitler later mandated that you should drive on the right side of the road. It stuck after that for many countries. The British Chanel Island also where driven on the right side at the time. It makes sense for the mainland european countries to drive on the same side, since many people cross over by car into bordering countries. UK, Cypris, Ireland, and Malta are the only countries in Europe that drive on the left side, but they don't border any other counties so its no big deal. And if you look at the UK's former colonies they usually drive on the left side.

The US driving on the right side came from something having to do with freight carriers in the 18th century. Canada (parts of it) drove on the left side until 1923.

Some fun facts..I was bored.

Plans for tomorrow:

~Replace upper front control arms on both sides.
~"service" my Forge diverter valve. I havent cleaned it sinc ei bought it over a year ago.
~Lower the rear of the car a bit more so there isnt soo much rake.
~Pick up a MK3 golf front bumper, grille, and headlights in an atempt to either sell the golf or drive it in the winter.

Oh, and heres a project my brother and I are working on. 1965 Mercedes 250S. Right now its stripped (exterior) but its getting new paint, and some bags <3

P1020179.jpg

Im pretty sure the mandate to drive on that side of the road was made law when the original "London bridge" was made and traffic became a bit tight (for that time atleast) A sign was put up saying keep left. Before hand there was no law. People rode there horses any wich way they pleased. Since they where then riding on that side people thoght it smart to ride on the right horse (if it was a carridge) so they could see how close they where to other people. Read this in a Porsche magazine where they argue wich side is the proper side ot drive on.

Just saying... :icon_thumright:
SORRY LADS YOU ARE ALL WRONG, THIS ONE THING I DO KNOW,
Seven hundred years ago, EVERYBODY used the English system. In the Middle Ages you kept to the left for the simple reason that you never knew who you'd meet on the road in those days; you wanted to make sure that a stranger passed on the right so you could go for your sword in case he proved unfriendly,
as for the law being past, that was done in the 1700's

That Merc rocks!

I've always wanted an early 'upright headlight' saloon to tool around with.

Gruf: We wherent wrong, just partialy right, lol. That really explains why people drive on the left side of the road right... just incase a foe trys to attack in his car you will be ready with your sword. Yes, that might be the original reason but dont think that applies anymore. The london bridge mandate dealt with traffic, something a little more relevent to cars. The hitler reference I made also deals with cars. You said the steering wheel is on the wrong side..cool. Thanks for your insight.

Thanks guys, Its a very slow project but should be pretty badass when its all done. The bags are going to be pretty easy, only problem is having to fab up some mounts for the bags to bolt into in the front. If anyone comes across some french headlights for the Merc send it over to the US, I'll be very happy.

As for the Audi, I didnt get to do any of the things I wanted to do yesterday due to rain. I did however pick up the bumper and headlights for the Golf. I might be dailying that in the winter, who knows.

Havent been on here in a while. Website dosent always let me on. :no:

3982064914_f64fe32040_o.jpg