pre facelift s4 bumper on facelift a4?

ian52

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow
Reaction score
will i need to get pre facelift mounts or will the ones i have work?

i THINK S4 bumper mounts are different to normal cars anyway, so you'll probably need the S4 bumper mounts.

Check the part numbers on vagcat?

I reckon you will need the S4 bumper mounts mate I did when fitting my s4 front bumper to my face lift 1.8T

Last edited:
When i fitted mine i had to buy the correct mounts. I believe there are places on Ebay that sell a "kit" to allow fitment. The bumper shocks will work, but the side mounts 99% won't

Yes you defo need the side brackets which allow the bumper to clip on to

^^^ what they all say yes 100% different i have a pic somewhere the S4 side brackets are a lot smaller than the standard A4 you will just need to move a few clips behind the brackets to a different postion the square holes are already there

i have a prefacelift s4 bumper fitted to my facelift A4 using the a4 bumper mounts and bar.
you need corresponding pre or post facelift s4 side mounts for sure.
its cheaper and easier to remove the s4 bumper bar and fabrcate your bumper bar to the new shell.

Here it is mine was a facelift bumper though dunno if the side mounts are different

CIMG0615-1.jpg

A4 Left; S4 Right

Hey Guys, mines a face lift model and I've attached some pics for your interest. I had the S4 side mounts supplied with the bumper and had to buy new S4 bumper arms/mounts to attach to the front..

RED140audi08-1.jpg

RED140audi03.jpg

RED140projectspic0378.jpg

New S4 front mounting arms

pic2206.jpg

And the finished article with satin black grill and badge.. Also had the Seat splitter fitted underneath..

pic0512.jpg

The Side brackets are the same as normal pre-facelift A4 bumpers.

The bumper shocks are specific to the S4, and are the same on both pre and post-facelift S4's

This is because all S4's are fitted with the same "pre-facelift" bumper.

Timmy: that looks stunning, you need to "joey mod" the headlights though!