AUDI 2 BUTTON REMOTE ALARM FLIP KEY FOB

fallmonk

Turbo Sport
Reaction score
Website
www.filshill.co.uk
Hi Folks
a quick question my 2 button alarm key has jammed down on the open button so anytime i go near car it opens and opens windows !
Using stanadard key to lock its fine , cant really see any 2 button ones on ebay so my question is can i use a more modern 3 button one ?

There seams to be plenty and are the internenerls easy to swap(transponder chip???) many thanks in advance for your help

The key splits into two parts, one with the transponder and key, and the other has the remote part.

Wether the 3 button will work depends on which remote locking pump you have at the moment afaik.

old_skool knows a bit about these pumps, perhaps he'll be able to tell you which keys will work.

Kevs the man, i await the expert.I think it's 2 button for 2 button cars, if you change your pump you can run the 3 button type i think

your original key is probably 4D0 837 231 ? sometimes on an orange sticker inside (there are others compatable but this is the usual)

you can replace with 3 button type 4D0 837 231 A on a green sticker, the tailgate button wont do anything but the other buttons will work as normal

as aragorn said the key / transponder part from your original fob will attach to your replacement button part,

you say you have another key so you can code the buttons yourself without any special tools

ive got a couple of spare 2 button fobs but there a bit shabby

changing pump to a later spec one wont allow tailgate button to work and there not compatable with siren fitted in early cars

8Z0 p/n im fairly certain are for cars with electronic c/l (central conveniance units not pumps)