AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    Nez
    3rd Gear

Status

xs power exhaust

Theres always arguments about how good the stainless steel of xs power exhaust is

Well heres is a photo of my exhaust after about 6 months...

(Audi S4 351.9 PS, 603 Nm, MRC Custom Remap XS Power DP's, Cat Back Exhaust, Forge DV, RS4 Intercoolers, RS4 Breaks and Induction kit)

Traffic Exchange Site http://www.limehits4u.com/

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    is that yours or loomx's?

Nez
    3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    is that yours or loomx's?
    No this is from one of the memeber of the AudiSRS forum.
    (Audi S4 351.9 PS, 603 Nm, MRC Custom Remap XS Power DP's, Cat Back Exhaust, Forge DV, RS4 Intercoolers, RS4 Breaks and Induction kit)

2nd Gear

Status
    my original s4 exhaust looks mint compred to that at 10 years old i had a look today..that xs one looks awful thanks for posting that i was debating getting the xs downpipes for the millionth time last night and thats all i need to know

Nez
    3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s4marsh View Post
    my original s4 exhaust looks mint compred to that at 10 years old i had a look today..that xs one looks awful thanks for posting that i was debating getting the xs downpipes for the millionth time last night and thats all i need to know
    No problem I was thinking getting these before I got my exhaust but somehow I had a awful thinking about the XP Power.

6th Gear

Status
    Surface stuff.

Do they gain power though? (more importantly).

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gliballs View Post
    Surface stuff.

i've spent 14 years in and around the steel industry and if it was anywhere near good quality stainless it wouldnt look that bad after 6 months, 2-3 years max and thats history in my opinion and does it make more power like you say? an exhaust is next on my list of to do's and cant afford the milltek we'd all like at the moment and a bit wary of the custom systems available locally but my birthday is in 3 weeks and christmas not far away so if i'm a good boy i might get lucky

Nez
    3rd Gear

Status
    Surface stuff.

Yes they do give you some good power

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    Aye they do seem to make good power. Being a turbo engine you basically want minimal restriction from the turbo back. Being a twin system with a nice large bore it provides just that. It'd be pretty hard to stuff it up i recon.

Looking at that photo, even if its stainless pipe the welds are mild steel, and its quite likely those welds would give up the ghost well before a normal audi system.

I'm actually quite impressed with the longevity of the OE exhuast system. Considering that when you buy cheapy OE systems from Bosal or Walker or whatever they last about 2 years, the exhaust on our car looks original and its 13 years old!

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

2nd Gear

Status
    mines like new at 10yrs old

Nez
    3rd Gear

Status
    Lets see what the powerflow once look like after 6 months

6th Gear

Status
    ^ Very similar to that XS one I would put money on it

Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    I'm actually quite impressed with the longevity of the OE exhuast system.
    Well I'm not!! Mine's pissing me RIGHT off,...............it just won't die FFS!!!! As far as I'm aware it's the original system and it's now 10 years old. Pisses me off how Audi made it so solid and reliable. *******s.

I too have been looking for an excuse to fit a Milltek or similar, for the whole 3 years and two months that I've had the damn car.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nez View Post
    Lets see what the powerflow once look like after 6 months
    Well yeah, cheaper 'stainless' systems like these get a bad press by many.

If one lasted me say 2-3 years then I'd be happy with that, especially as they can often be less than half the price of the stupidly priced Millteks, which ALSO seem to be getting some bad reviews recently (on fit/build quality etc).

I'd rather buy a cheap one that made the power and had a pretty tailpipe than a reeeeeally expensive one that gave me problems aswell,.........that would seeeeeriously get up my nose.

Also, would I still have the car in 3 or more years time?.......probably not.

I've had Powerflow on three totally different cars now without any problem what so ever (and made good power too). On the flipside I've also had Magnex and Scorpion etc, and had a right old faff of a time with warranty claIms when components have failed.
    Last edited by Dan Gliballs; 14th September 2009 at 14:30.

Nez
    3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Oranoco View Post
    ^ Very similar to that XS one I would put money on it
    If that would be the case then whatever time it becomes like that I will take it back to them and fit new one as they said it won't rust went I fitted the system

Nez
    3rd Gear

Status
    Well yeah, cheaper 'stainless' systems like these get a bad press by many.

If one lasted me say 2-3 years then I'd be happy with that, especially as they can often be less than half the price of the stupidly priced Millteks, which ALSO seem to be getting some bad reviews recently (on fit/build quality etc).

I'd rather buy a cheap one that made the power and had a pretty tailpipe than a reeeeeally expensive one that gave me problems aswell,.........that would seeeeeriously get up my nose.

Also, would I still have the car in 3 or more years time?.......probably not.

I've had Powerflow on three totally different cars now without any problem what so ever (and made good power too). On the flipside I've also had Magnex and Scorpion etc, and had a right old faff of a time with warranty clams when components have failed.
    I agree with you you are 100% right if it last for 3 years then its better to go for the cheap one then expensive one when I done the remap with MRC he check the exhaust flow and said that its not bad

Status
    In all honesty

you get Mandrel bends, iffy stainless (still arguably better than Mild steel)
    fit seems pretty good
    only thing i dont like is the DP's to mid sections - so decent flexies are needed

but for less than 200 for the system.......... its mentally good value
    there is no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes!!

1st Gear

Status
    My 2.5 B5 exhaust is original 11 years old, 115000 miles, no sign of it falling off any time this lifetime