Wanted - Rear shock for 96 1.8 N/A SE avant

Crombie

Reaction score
Suspension ont ald avant started to have issues. Front springs split and just spotted rear shocks got a leak.
Its a standard setup, if anyones got a decent used one/set lying around, live in Preston Northwest.

Update:
Got front spring sorted just after used rear shocks.

May have to broaden search, which B5's have the same rear shock fitted?

If you got a matched pair for the rear you could use dampers from any FWD B5 before 1999.

If you want an exact match though, you really need to look at 4 cylinder, Avant SE models.

Ok better stick with SE model I think.

Front spring was an **** of a job to sort because pinch bolts seized, still unable to budge it, don't know what I'll do if any of the arm need replacing? Whilst I was messin about found out garage that did the flexi CV boot, used cable ties to fix boot on. Get me bow n arrow, knock his stetson off.

My experience they never seem to last very long, are they meant to be used with oil/heat/grease? In past redone couple of cars that had them fitted with metal ties! Not one of those jobs I like doing that often.

i dunno, i've used cable ties plenty of times without incident, as i've never managed to work out how on earth those metal things work :p

Took me a while but figured metal jobs out, need one of them tools used once every couple of years and have to hold your tongue out to the left.
tongue-smiley-8880.gif