MRC Day :)

Nez

It's my birthday
Reaction score
Website
peace.netfreehost.com
Today was MRC day car went for a Health check, MRC Custom Remap and Boost gauge fitted :)

07092009038.jpg

First was the Health check :) and there was alot of boost leakage :(

07092009035.jpg

07092009036.jpg

07092009039.jpg

Boost gauge :)

07092009040.jpg

07092009042.jpg

Everything cost me £596.00 and the car feels completely different :) also I asked they guys in MRC to check the exhaust flow and they said its not bad at all :) he checked it when we done the run for the custom remap and the flow was very good :)

Figure is around 320 BHP but it could be 330 BHP but I have to check that with another rolling road :hubbahubba:

The boost with foot down I get around 20-21 Psi :racer: but with MRC laptop it was showing:

BAR 1.65 I think :)

I would like to thanks first all the guys in MRC for their hard work on the car and I would recommend them to anyone the guys are great :arco: thanks alot guys and also I would like to thank all the guys here for all their helps and suggestion :) thanks alot guys :thumbsup:

Last edited:
20-21psi?? is that holding or spiking then dropping?? your on k03's ????

must be on ko3 for that output. anyone got any dyno plots they can post up? i want to see if the torque plot on a mapped s4 is as gay as that on a 20vt (they use ko3 too) and deliver power like a diesel

Good news Nez.. nice one :icon_thumright:

I've done some work for the owner of ULTIMA.. nice guy.

It holds fine and yes I am in Ko3's at the moment :) In MRC laptop it was showing 1.65 Bar's which equals 19 psi to 20 psi :)

1.65 Bar is nearer 24 psi :ohmy:

What was the breakdown of boost gauge costs (parts/labour)? What make is it?

1.65 Bar is nearer 24 psi :ohmy:

What was the breakdown of boost gauge costs (parts/labour)? What make is it?

Nay Man it only runs between 19-20 psi as I can see it on boost guage :) when put my foot down it only gose to 19-20 psi not higher :)

Fitment of the boost guage cost me £96.60 and make of boost guage is Auto Guage.

wonder what the AFR was? with that sort of boost though a 20vt on a ko3 they are very lean (but this isnt a 20vt..)

intake temps were high though as the turbo was superheating it

If it's lean then bigger injectors or a better map would sort it out.. down to fuelling/petrol not lack of airflow.

I'm still considering the AWE vent one from AMD, but I'd have to do a bit of recession-friendly haggling,................they're silly money IMO. They look as near to stock as is possible though.

Wow isn't that too high for Ko3 :ohmy: any ways I call the MRC and ask them if they didn't made a mistake :)

What sort of power would you get on 19 psi and 23 psi :uhm:
what did they say regarding k03 boost? i can only go off what i've read on forums but seems very high, are you another k04 customer waiting to happen???..mind you the vrs skoda lads reckon they run 20-22psi on a k03 for over 50k no bother, S4's averages seem to be around 15-18psi and the same for leon cupra's as much over this level produces little extra power and more intake heat... this is probably the most talked about subject and some definate answers would be very welcome

Sounds good. I would love to take my 1.8T to mrc to see what they could do.

I have an awe gauge, got it off a guy who never used it in the box and everything.

(Ignore the steering wheel I ran it for a couple of weeks after I sold my RS4 alacantara one)
DSC00389.jpg

nice one nezzy boy, your puuting things into my head now you git.

im desperate for my trip to MRC for the custom remap and milltek, i also like the idea of a boost gauge so ill be having one of them too. i think ill be oing it after mas though, save up a bit lol you got ot for your money mate wit the healh check aswel and boost gauge. enjoy yur monster

Are you sure it wasn't 1.65 absolute boost (i.e. 0.65 boost above 1.0 atmospheric)? That
sounds about right at redline on k03s. MRC maps tend to 1.1 - 1.2 bar (above atmos)
at peak.

07092009036.jpg

I know the owner of the nog blue s4 that car is just silly quick :hubbahubba:

glad ya happy with ur car now nez

Are you sure it wasn't 1.65 absolute boost (i.e. 0.65 boost above 1.0 atmospheric)? That
sounds about right at redline on k03s. MRC maps tend to 1.1 - 1.2 bar (above atmos)
at peak.

With the boost guage I am getting 18-19 psi now but with MRC laptop it was between 1.6 -1.65 bar I am keep calling the MRC but they don't pick up the phone :(

doug, is that S4 which i saw in redline running 800bhp now then??

id love to have the keys to your garage mate lol