Badger5Chris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

Buying advice TQS

Hi bought a 99 1.8t Quattro Sport 120k off Ebay for Ł1800 a few days ago. Taking a gamble as it's 400 miles away and so haven't been able to view it but for the price decided just to go for it.

Due to go and collect tomorrow and fully aware I'm taking a chance that it may or may not even get me home! Problem is the seller has just contacted me to say he forgot to say the airbag light is on. It's another unknown issue to add to the sale and I'm just looking for thoughts on whether to go for it or not.

Are there common airbag issues with faulty wires/plugs etc that it could just be a simple fix or could I be letting myself in for a whole world of pain? Unfortunately due to the distance I can't just pop over for a look at the car.

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    common fault, usually the connectors under the seats need cleaning and reseating then VAG com to clear,job done. Just be aware that none of the airbags will work with the light on

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    I should have said don't worry buy mine for 2k and i will take a chance on the TQS on your behlaf,lol

Make sure you invest in Vag com if you are looking to keep her

Reverse Gear

Status
    Well depending on condition it might go back up for sale again if it's more than I want to take on!

Hopefully just a connector problem on the airbag light issue then, thanks.

jcb
    6th Gear

Status
    god is that all they are worth now!! paid Ł6500 for mine what doesn't seem that long ago!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    It's definitely one of the cheapest ones I've found, most advertised from that up to around Ł3500.

It's true though 'you get what you pay for' so guess I'll just have to wait until tomorrow to find out what I've paid for lol!

Status
    Post up the link to the ebay add so we can look it over.
    Black Audi RS4 2006 Exclusive edition, Black optic option (stock for now)

Reverse Gear

Status
    Got her home today, 450+ miles so plenty of road test time lol

Needs a few things doing but in general very happy for 10 year old car at Ł1800! Had a few VW's over the years but this is my first Audi and even my first turbo motor.....where have they been all my life??

All still in standard form right now, need to get the fixes taken care of first then get it dropped for starters n take it from there.

Pics.......(photoshop removed someone standing at front of car so 'marks' on bonnet are just reflections lol)

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Looks nice and clean, me want one.....