chip n spin raffle prize

pagey

Reaction score
hi all went to veizu this morning to get my car remaped ,won the raffle at audis in the park thanks to chip and spin donating such a great prize ,
they organised for me to have my car remaped with veizu at a time that suited me ,well i couldnt wait for this morning to see what difference the remap would produce ,
well since gettin the turbo fixed and now the remap, i have a transformed car so thanks to audisport.net for organising the raffle ,thanks to chip n spin and a big thanks to veizu for the work on my car!!!!!!!:greyrs4::racer:

Glad you are happy with her now Mike. I bet if you are careful she will give you better MPG too, did you get a RR run?

very happy now mark didnt get chance to go on the rr though ,they said the car was up to about 200 bhp would that be right i thought that it would only give me around 30 bhp more ,just need to stop zooming round every where now it gets very adictive does turbo boost!

It is very adictive i have to say myself. I have just seen my mates S3 mid big turbo build, and it makes me think i NEED one for mine,lol

good news bout the car mike, enjoy the driving;)

boost is TOO addictive mate and can cause trouble lol but i LOVE it

Glad you're pleased with the result pagey.

Was the work carried out at Chipped UK in Bromsgrove?

I would imagine you'd be closer to 180-190HP than 200HP to be honest mate if it was a generic map.. the fact that you're happy with how it drives is the main thing anyway :thumbsup:

Just looked on Viezu's website for the performance (not economy) tune for the 1.8 turbo engine. It does say it's ME7 (ECU type) which yours isn't but I assume it's the same tune..

A4 1.8 20V TURBO ME7 (150/163/180/190 HP)
  • Power Increase: 45 bhp
  • Torque Increase: 65 Nm
..so they were probably accurate with the estimated power figures.

mine went in with 142 and came out with 199 on THIER rolling road.

Not had a chance to get her on somewhere else to see, maybe we should organise a RR session somewhere else to varify. Also it would be fun,lol

I'd be up for that too but wont have the turbo sorted (with map) for a while yet.. that's if I don't need a new engine due to a worn bearing (could well be new car time if so)!?!

Lee, no way that noise is a worn bearing on the crank, you tend to feel main bearing failiure as a rumbling under low revs high load. The squeek is belt/pulley related 99.9%

Mark I love your optimism.. fingers crossed then. Belt tension is fine, belt and pulley are now new but the fecka still makes the noise grrrrrr!!

Anyway don't want to hijack this thread.

Me too, but it's only allowed to be in this part of West Sussex................:)

I've used Surrey Rolling Road.

Damn good place.

They do plenty of tuning on non-shootout days.

Surely an independant RR can still do tuning? Just becuase they arent affiliated with a particular remap vendor doesnt stop them mapping DTA/Autronic/MBE/Omex etc ECU's and even bosch motronic and suchlike can be mapped "live" with the right kit?

Surely an independant RR can still do tuning? Just becuase they arent affiliated with a particular remap vendor doesnt stop them mapping DTA/Autronic/MBE/Omex etc ECU's and even bosch motronic and suchlike can be mapped "live" with the right kit?

I'm sure they can be, but when I spoke to them a while back about organising a rolling road day the guy on the phone said they don't do there own tuning, they are just a rolling road. Maybe it's changed since then.