Volks AutosEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

early style aeb ecu swap

hi, im putting a 1.8t into an audi 90 quattro, the 1.8t came from a n reg a4 and the ecu has 5 plugs on it and ive been told you cant remove the immobiliser from these 1s so i was wondering if i can simply change the harness and ecu from an early b5 to a later b5,a6, passat etc so i can have the more modern 2 plug ecu(which i know can have the immo removed). as long as i keep it drive by cable, is there other sensors to worry about etc? any1 done this? cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Cant you just get a 98.5 DBC loom and ECU and then get the immo removed using a flashable ECU from a 1999 A3 or Golf?

1st Gear

Status
    im not sure lol i know my a6 had the later style ecu and was also dbc. i can get the loom and ecu cheap but just wanted to make sure it would work. think i'll just try it anyway as there cant be that much different with the motors sensors if anything at all

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    You do know the early type ones cannot be chipped successfully any more due to lack of chips available.

I would hold out for the later 2 plug type ECU and loom. The sensors are much the same, it's only the later modles that change drasticly

1st Gear

Status
    yeah its the later 2 plug 1 im getting, as the original to the engine is the 5 plug type. the newer style 1s can be chipped ok though cant they? as in a 98 a6 1.8t ecu? they have the 2 plug ecu.... thanks for the help so far

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Yup, alter one is cool. ECU numbers 8do 997 558E or 557T are common for the 98 ish 2 plug style.

We on here have been looking at using alternative flashable ECU's to allow for more functions , tunability , immo on/off blah blah !

The loom in my car is from a 99 Passat, and the ECU is from an A6.

1st Gear

Status
    hopefully it'll be up and running soon then. just need to figure out were all the wires go lol

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

engine side they all only go to one place, the other end you need to run up that ELSAWIN to trace them as they link to the dash,the immo, etc