Lowering and alignment, which order?

Sir Chumpalot

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm thinking about dropping my car on some H&R or Eibach springs. Would it be best to get the car tracked and aligned before I get it lowered? Or doesn't it matter too much?

The car has had new 18" S4 alloys since.

Cheers

Dave

The biggest problem is some places may fob you off and say that they cannot get the equipment on lowered cars. G is right though, Lower then align

No worries.

If you align your car, then get it lowered, there's a distinct possibility you'll alter the car's geometry when fiddling around changing springs, etc... so it's always best to get it tracked/aligned after lowering it.

The biggest problem is some places may fob you off and say that they cannot get the equipment on lowered cars. G is right though, Lower then align

Depends where you go. Some places use equipment that goes over the tyres... which means I wouldn't be able to get mine aligned at all!

My local place uses equipment that hooks onto the rim of the wheel... which means that I can get it done.

The trouble starts when you try and get the car on the actual ramp to get it in the air! :think: It's a bit low!

I don't think mine will end up as low as yours :) I just want to take some of the gap away between wheel and arch, it looks a little bit strange at the moment :S

Last edited: