pros and cons of the A4

I

imported_rycav

I just recently started looking at the audi a4. I was also thinking about the VW jetta or golf gti. I was wondering what the pros and cons of the a4 are. What would be the ideal a4 to get? I am going tommorow to look at a used '98 2.8(no turbo) with a V6 and a stick shift, it is going for $11,900 at a dealership.
thanks in advance

Cons of jetta and golf:-
VW Badge. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

Pros of Audi A4:-
The four rings.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

That badge stuff is just jerk-off snobbery. The Golf & Jetta are both good cars. After all, they are basically the same car as the Audi A3, and ashre quite a lot of their mechancals with the A4. But IMHO, the Jetta is pig-ugly, and everyone on earth has, or has had, a Golf GTI. The Bora looks pretty good, but I'd choose an A4 over all of them.

With the Audi you are paying for greater attention to detail and some very nice design features. The VW's are quality cars, as Jeff said they are fundamentally the same as their Audi counterparts, but they lack the finishing touches of an Audi.

Just think of a VW as a 'Poor Man's Audi'.

In the nicest possible way of course, all you R32 owners!

Same here. An Audi is simply a step up from a VW. But be careful with that 2.8 your looking at. That seems pretty cheap coming from the dealer. Most of those run about $16,000 with 60000+ miles.

pro's....

-Chics love them
-They raise your pimp factor
-They get more attention than VW's
-Quattro

Con's....

-Cost more money

If you do look at Vdubs, don't geta Jetta, unless your a chic. Or its a new GLI(or GLS whichever the new one is) And if you going for a GTI, you are pretty much buying a cheaper audi. The syle of an audi is far better than a VW. Its like this also Acura is above Honda, Lexus is above Toyota, Infinity is above Nissan, and Audi is above VW. Either way you go, you are getting a VAG car and you are going to be pleased either way

Pros - Its an Audi

Cons - Its an audi!

lol... people either love ya or hate u and get jelous then have a go at you for having one (damn i hate my next door neighbour....)

thot id mention that :p

YOU GUYS, SIMPLY SAID THE "FOUR RINGS" ARE THE BEST CAR MAKERS IN THE WORLD!!! AUDI S4 (B5 CHASSIS) IS THE BEST ALL AROUND CAR I'VE DRIVEN IN MY LIFE (AND I'VE DRIVEN MANY CARS)!

AUDI RULES /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif