Installing Wideband on narrowband ECU/car

gmx

Reaction score
Anyone have one installed?

Can you use the wideband o2 in the stock o2 position.
Does it have output for the stock narrowband ECU? According to the wire diagram I've seen elsewhere it does.
AFAIK, the LC1 utilizes a standard Bosch O2.
Should be fine on a narrowband ECU???

Anyone know if this will work? or welding another pre cat bung is my only option?

I doubt it will work - I know for sure, the AEB ECM doesn't have that feature, not sure of later engines either.

It would also help if you mentioned what model you're referring to - right now, all I know is you own a "car." :think:

Last edited:
99.5 AJL 5spd.

What does the primary narrowband O2 do in the AEB?
I can't find the diagram, but I swear I saw the LC-1 had a narrowband output for stock applications.

edit:
of the 7 wires:
Red - 12vpower
Blue - heater gnd
White - system gnd
Yellow - analog output 1 (narrowband)
Brown - analog output 2 (wideband)

Green - analog gnd
Black - calibration wire

For more clarification. I just want to connect the Yelllow to the standard ECM
Brown to my guage.
Will this work?

Last edited:
Yer that should work, afaik thats the point of that narrowband output.

HOWEVER, it may be an idea to check the fuel trims before and after just to ensure its not doing odd things.

You'd remove the standard O2, replace it with the bosch wideband sensor and connect that to the LC1. Then connect the LC1's output to the original ECU feed.

The only other problem you'll have is the ECU will detect that the heater from the original lambda is missing which might make it all break :p

Perhaps a second boss is the more sensible way to go!

I looked into it on my AJL tqs when I was doing homework for my turbo conversion but wiring has never been my forte
just bought one of these from here instead!
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4431789
53400102-1.jpg

53400103-1.jpg