HELP ! NEW ECU OR REPAIR NEEDED

jamie226bhp

Reaction score
As title had a none starting 2000 plate 1.8 turbo quartro sport, had audi specilist the four rings out to diagnose and they say it's an ecu fault, so either buy a new one or send of for repair can anyone suggest where to get it repaired and how much roughly, i am based in dartford in kent

Last edited:
What is the part number and do you have access to VAg-com and vag tacho?

BBA Reman seem to offer a good service,might be worth contatcing them

PART NUMBER IS 8D0907558DA BUT I HAVE NO ACCESS TO VAG-COM OR VAG TACHO, DO YOU HAVE ANY CONTACT DETAILS FOR BBA REMAN

Ahh you will need to send it off then as without access to the above mentioned you cannot set the the IMMO without them. That would mean its a dealer only job to recode

PS DON'T SHOUT !!!! LOL

got a man i think that can re code, just found them with a search but the've gone for the weekend, grrr found one on ebay for £127 but not sure whether to get mine checked n repaired or just buy the second hand one, thanks for your help

I am not looking to doubt what 4rings says as they are well respectedon here but ,Dare i ask how they diagnosed the ECU?
Is the car alltogether dead, no spark or fuel injected? As a crank sensor can also cause that

just disconected the batterey for half hour then it started run for a minute then cut out, restarted it run for another min then cut out and couldn't restart, trying to see if it works again, already changed crank sensor and fuel relay and checked pump, apparantley the man from for rings couldn't get his diagnostic to connect to my ecu

Last edited:
Hmm its very possible then that they are right. Can i assume from your username that you might have had it remapped?

It could be a dogdy solder on the chip. Any decent TV or mobile phone repairer should be able to re flow the joints if thats the case

not remapped just the username that went with my old corsa that was 226bhp, then i grew up and bought an audi

Hmm that sounds very odd to me.

If it started and cut out immediatley that would suggest an immo fault, but running for a minute before cutting out is very strange.

a 2000MY car will probably have immo3, so you need the SKC (ie vagtacho) to recode the immo unit to a new ECU.

Be interesting to see if the Instrument cluster had logged any faults with the ecu not responding on the KLine.

what other sensors are needed to make the fuel relay work, i've put a new crank sensor on

In theory as long as the car has a crank or cam sender signal, it should kick in.The crank sensor is the main one, the cam one is the back up. It will run with no MAF, N80,N75.

Have you tried bridging the Fuel pump relay to activate the fuel pump manualy as it were?

got my friend coming round to try a few things as electrics is not one of my skills, just seems strange that when you disconect the battery for a while it starts then stops again, as if it's priming with fuel using that to run then not getting a signal so it doesn't pump anymore and cuts out, does it need the cam sensor and crank or just one

Either one should give you a running car, the signal from the cam sender is used to keep the car running in limp mode, so it will not rev correctly or cleanly and may be hard to start with frequent stalls, it's just a way to get you hoem, or to a stealer.

Was the crank sensor a genuine one? As a few people on here have had problems with copy/pattern parts not cutting the mustard

crank and fuel relay both genuine, doesn't help thet the four rings man couldn't get the diagnostic to connect to my ecu so not sure if it's a simple solve that is showing a code

Are you sure the immobiliser isnt causing it?

The immo light should come on for a second or two then go out. Does it do this?

established that if you wiggle the plug that goes to the ecu it cuts the pump in and out, checked ecu circuit board and cant see any dry joints, so i just need somewhere that can test from one side of the plug to the ecu side and possible fit a new connector or ro do some soldering , anyone know of anywhere in or near dartford in kent that can do this and not **** rape me