Milltek Exhaust

Nitro

Reaction score
How loud are Milltek Exhausts systems, I have an A4 2,8 quattro and want to put a Cat back stainless system on it. I want a sporty exhaust note but do not want it to be too loud!! Has anyone had one these fitted who can comment.

i've got a milltek on my 2.8q and it sounds lovely, not to loud on the motorway which is a good thing

I have a resonated turbo back on a 1.8t.
nice and quiet when idleing cruising below 2500rpm.
not too chavvy about town over 2500
drones a little on motorways at a constant 4000rpm
but when you are ripping it around 5500-6500rpm it has a lovely burble on overrun.

got mine on Ebay for £110 (including CAT!) baaargain

Miltek on the 2.8 V6 is very classy! Sounds like a proper V6 outside and just reminds you it is there on the inside. I did however find it a little too imposing inside when it was hot from motorway journey, bit of weight in the back (I have the Avant) and under throttle, but a bit of sound deadening in the boot floor has sorted that out. I am over 40 though!!

The best part is that it cures your engines asthma, the engine not only sounds great it can actually rev now and becomes very spritely and a joy to drive. You can put it in 3rd and hold on 1/2 throttle and you feel the 3 power bands through the rev range right up to the red line. On the standard system I never went above 3k as there didn't seem any point.

ye mines lovely! not had it on long but its the envy of all the audi boys up here! not cheap but nice, got the 100cpsi cats an right back, didnt get the dual system as there is apparantly very little odds between them? any opinions on here. to clarify there a system that joinsto come down the chassis and a system that stays seperate all the way down.

couldnt fault it tho mate if your thinkin of one

Cheers guys, Nige P, was your Milltek a resonated system or a Non resonated?

No idea, didn't realise I had a choice! Go for the quieter one, its not a Corsa you know ;-)

Hi,
I have a Milltek non-res cat back on my 1.8TQS. It is a little loud esspecially on long journeys. Can get a little tiresom, but around town and for a blast it is good fun and sounds great with the added ppssss from the Splitter DV.

Quallity systems