V8 into a B5

Unfortunately i'm not a fan.

Seems a waste to me to fit what is a pretty crap engine connected to a slushbox, and lose the 4WD in the process.

Had it been an LS6/7, sat on the front of an 01E Quattro box, with proper EFI, then it might have been cool, or even a LSx in RWD with a proper manual box.

But an old 70's motor on carbs? No thanks :(

It's a brilliant install, not sure how that car's going to pass inspection though, if he lives in Cali, he's stuffed.

I'd definitely have gone LS1 / LS3 fuel injected.

LS7 man!

7 litres, 500hp, titanium rods and valves, it might still be a pushrod V8, but its a ****** good one.

I think he's got issues trying to get to mate to a box and still fit within the engine bay.

Have a feeling it's not going to workout the way he wants it too.

It certainly isn't as clever and OEM as Siena's or the Russians install. But i get the feeling he just had an idea one night whilst swigging some Buds and thought why not,and actually followed it through, i give him 10/10 for that.

As for the pointlessness of not keeping the quattro -10/10. I am sure he could have used either a shorter engine and an adapter or some kind of different bellhousiing

oh I don't know....350 bhp from a lazy 5+litre V8 and rear wheel drive soudns fun in its own way.......