Whats the Best Oil

andy110m

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've just got myself a B5 S4 and what to look after it the best I can. What brand and weight of oil is best for this type of car.

I'm intending to swap the oil every 5k.

Thanks for any advice. Andy.

You can't do better than giving opieoils.co.uk a call, they deal with everything standard to highly modified, they'll talk you through what you need depending what spec you're car is etc. they have big presence on a lot of forums, very helpful guys, big on audisrs and rs246, and if you mention you're a member of rs246 they'll knock you some money off too, plus they constantly have decent offers on, can't speak highly enough of them, they are real clued up, I wn't deal with anyone else for oil now.

Hi, Thanks for that.

I've looked on their website and they recommend 10w40 semi sythetic. I thought it had to be 5w30 and fully sythetic. I may be wrong. Can anyone confirm this.

I could go and look in the hand book but thats out in the car and its pouring down, lol.

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure I run 10w40, can't remember if its fully or semi synthetic though, they chose the oil based on the tuning on my car, running 330bhp, give em a call and they'll talk you through any info, reasons etc to get you the right oil, depending on your state of tune, mileage, service intervals etc. Oil discussions on forums usually end in so many different opinions and goes on forever with no real definate outcome, I found that trying to find oil for my S, until I spoke to em, they'll hook you up.

You want 0w40 or 5w40 fully synth for an S4 IMO

10w40 semi is more the minimum requirement as specified by audi, rather than what the engine really needs.

Motul 300v or Silkolene pro s (both 5w40 I think). Group V (ester) based, fully synthetic.
Wouldn't put a mineral oil in an S4. It's a pretty stressful environment.

I think I did use 5w40 thinking about it.

fullys synth as a minimum.
I use mobil 1. but its cheap at Costco!

Hi Guys

I use 5w40 synth, the good thing is I work at an oil refinery lol so I bought it for a steal, £11 for 5 ltrs whoop how good is that?
I just wish they would allow us to have the juice at those cost cutting prices lol:scared2:

Tav!!