Who the best for a remap

GforceA4

Reaction score
What to get my tqs remapped but not sure where to take it and what sort of gains am i looking at?

how easy is it to fit a front mount intercooler and is it worth it?

Cheers Gareth

Well had my tqs at chipped uk at a rr day very happy with them got 213bhp out of it.
Only cost £250 with two runs got 176 on first then 213 on second had no problems.
Others will have other things to say about them.
I would imagine you need a chip replaced though. So worth going to someone whos done it before.
As for intercooler I haven't bothered.
Depends what else your going to do.

I'm sorry to say it but I wouldn't recommend Chipped UK from my experiences with them and from various other people's experiences.. some from ASN and others elsewhere.

Saying that I would think if it's just a standard generic map you want then Chipped UK would be fine but I would go for somebody like Custom Code, JabbaSport or a Revo dealer if you're after anything more.

Again I'd only bother with a FMIC if you're going down the custom/stage 2 or 3 tune route as you won't really get the benefit with a generic map.

I'd imagine you'd be looking at 205 - 220 HP depending on who you go with and what sort of map you're after.

What to get my tqs remapped but not sure where to take it and what sort of gains am i looking at?

how easy is it to fit a front mount intercooler and is it worth it?

Cheers Gareth

If you want Live remap then the only place to go is MRC http://www.mrctuning.com/ I wouldn't recommend the chipped UK my car was today with them and they had problem with reprograming the ECU and they said that they had to take out the ECU and put new chips and then do the remap.

I my self for sure will go to MRC if I want to get the good results plus they will check the car and then they do the remap this is another good thing to go to them :)

Just an update.
They have a rr day in september
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=76901
Go with who you want, worth speaking to a few tuners as some wont have the chips to do yours if it is an 1.8t qs ajl engine.
whoever you choose to do it the cars so much better after.
Great fun seeing your car on the rollers.
Good luck.

If you want Live remap then the only place to go is MRC http://www.mrctuning.com/ I wouldn't recommend the chipped UK my car was today with them and they had problem with reprograming the ECU and they said that they had to take out the ECU and put new chips and then do the remap.

I my self for sure will go to MRC if I want to get the good results plus they will check the car and then they do the remap this is another good thing to go to them :)
Nez, did you get it done? or was she in to see if it were possible?

Chipped UK for generic maps, yeah fine. Anything more you need someone with proper experience with your particular car/engine

Nez, did you get it done? or was she in to see if it were possible?

Chipped UK for generic maps, yeah fine. Anything more you need someone with proper experience with your particular car/engine

No it was only to check the bhp and if it was possible to remap it but after the check out it came out that the car had already mapping file into the ECU and the Chipped UK couldn't get access to ECU to remap the car :nyah: and also somehow the car is not running well it only put out 249.1 BHP but few weeks ago I done the service and the car was checked everything came out clear no faulty cods :think: and the chipped UK guys suggested that it could be the file inside the ECU which could total be the wrong program for the S4 and thats why its not running well but who knows I have to take it to MRC guys to check it out :sorry:

going to book my car in monday with JBS for the remap has anyone used these for anything i spoke to mike and he was really helpful cant wait now hehe

I'd send my car to ChimpedUK, and then I'd send my accounts to Ken Dodd.

Just an update.
They have a rr day in september
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=76901
Go with who you want, worth speaking to a few tuners as some wont have the chips to do yours if it is an 1.8t qs ajl engine.
whoever you choose to do it the cars so much better after.
Great fun seeing your car on the rollers.
Good luck.

Whats different about the 1.8t qs ajl engine as thats the one i've got is it more difficult to remap/chip

I've never heard of a problem with an AJL

Very early AEB's use an odd PROM thats difficult to get hold of these days, the later ones (including the AJL) are fine afaik though.

My ajl had to have a new chip soldered in. drive by cable model.
No problems though.

AJL is a chip job , as already said they have a later type of Eprom in them that is more readily available. Mine has been chipped in this way no worries