AC Compressor compatibility

audinary

Complete And Utter Member
Reaction score
Similar to young Mr Aragorns thread in which he is comparing pre/post facelift Climate control units, what's the story regarding Air Con Compressors?

Could, for example, a compressor from a '96 2.6 being broken locally, be slotted into my 1.8t, or are there specific units for each engine? And did they change fundamentally after the facelift?

My legs stuck to my leather this morning....

afaik, the V6's all use a similar compressor, but its different to the 1.8T item.

The compressor from my V8 is certainly listed as the same part number as S4's and some V6 A4's, but the 1.8T has a different PN

Hmm. Yeah, I suppose looking for one with the same part number is the safest route.

I will be keeping my eyes open on the forum for anyone breaking a climate equipped 1.8t, as I need confirmation that it was working in the car it came out of... I doubt many breakers check the status of the a/c when a car comes in

I'm 95% sure that there's a green pre-facelift 1.8T with climate in Rimar's Salvage in Grimsby where I got my unburned parts from for mine.

I might be wrong though, but it's worth ringing and asking.