Small Problems

griswold

Reaction score
Decided to check under the bonnet today, have a look at my panel filter see if it was clean. It was fine.
When engine was running coul hear a hissing or suction sound and found this obviously it got bent and cracked.
17082009010800x600.jpg

Now i may have done this today but i get a mixture adaption error on vag com would this be linked?
It was sucking air when held finger over it engine ran smoother so taped up for now.

Also under my engine cover noticed this
17082009011800x600.jpg

There seemed to be alot of oil around the filler cap and cracking never noticed this before normal?
Again when engine running the pipe in a u shape under the red circle seemed to have some water dripping from it? stopped later on? condesation?
Any ideas

er, that ain't water mate!
that last pic is the fuel return pipe. If that is leaking fuel you need it sorted ASAP. turbo engines and fule leaks don't make good mates!

if it is just water I would be surprised if it from condensation

can't tell from the pic but it looks like one of the vacuum pipes in the back left corner. easily replaced with either hard OEM stuff or soft silicon, is that a check valve in teh pic? if so keep it and make sure it is the right way round

Christ hope its not fuel!
Didnt smell of fuel
its the pipe underneath not the one on top.

The vaccum pipe is metal right by the air box at the rear.
Thought i could cut it and just put a bit of pipe between.

Gona have another look now and check its not fuel

Just an update
No fuel leak happy with that.
Went to audi when i got there i opened my bonnet to check if fuel was leaking again and smoke was pouring from the edge of cover turned out to be oil running onto turbo they told me my rocker cover was leaking oil, got a new gasket and fitted myself
19082009012800x600.jpg

Stripped it down when i got home, quite easy glad he suggested it.
Fixed that vaccum pipe too.
Cant believe it went that well.