RS4 b5 T-winpot calipers and carriers

Nez

It's my birthday
Reaction score
Website
peace.netfreehost.com
Hi guys just want to know will the
RS4 b5 twinpot calipers and carriers fit into the my S4 without any modifiaction's? I know I need the disc's and 18" rims but do I need anything alse?

i guess your not selling your S4 now, Nez?

i was looking at the possibility of the s8 setup the 2000> cars have a 360mm setup and the disc's are cheap and you can use your original calipers with the s8 carriers, i spoke to a lad the other day when i bought his b6 s4 wheels and he said a big brake kit ruined the handling of his b5 s4 with the extra unsprung weight and rotational forces

I upgraded to B5 RS4 fronts and rears and the difference was great. One long heavy braking session on the S4 brakes would cause partial fade at the next roundabout.

I haven't had these fade yet on the roads, and there's much better feel too.

One of my recent upgrades was to change the standard S4 brakes for RS4 discs and calipers, tight fit with about 2mm clearance between the caliper and the inside rim of the LM`s. Had to re-locate the wheel weights as they fouled and kept falling off. Great result though, no fade, good pedal feedback and they get better the hotter they get.

Looks like the RS4 setup is the cheaps and the best option for me then :) thanks alot guys for all the replice :) it really helped me to choose which setup to go for :)

couple hundered quid?

The disks are the expensive bits, they're usually 2-300quid each, although istr you might be able to use some disks from a phaeton or something which are cheaper.

Looks liek theres a set on ebay just now, currently at £71.

A quick scan of the completed items shows that same set having been up before with a BIN of £179 and starting price of £99 and they didnt sell.

Disks on ebay for 2-300quid used too.

I paid £40 for my front RS4 set up lol (was in a quiet section of Ebay).

sold my B5 RS4 front caliper with hoses and discs for £200 all in.

Paid £300 for a full set of calipers, discs pads and hoses from a guy on Rs246.
was feeling flush so got some B7 8 pots for the front and kept the B5 rears (bring on the "brake bias" discussion!)

works a charm

I'm sure B7 fronts and B5 RS4 rears will be fine in terms of bias. They're not that far off the factory B5 or B7 setup i dont think in terms of piston area.

sold my B5 RS4 front caliper with hoses and discs for £200 all in.

Paid £300 for a full set of calipers, discs pads and hoses from a guy on Rs246.
was feeling flush so got some B7 8 pots for the front and kept the B5 rears (bring on the "brake bias" discussion!)

works a charm

Wow if I knew I would have bought it from you :(