Votex OEM bodykit for B5 A4 ?

I

imported_Legrath

I've seen mention of an OEM A4 B5 bodykit in a few posts while searching, and there is somebody on ebay selling Votex OEM front and rear under-bumper spoilers for the A4.

I was'nt aware of an OEM Audi bodykit, does anyone have more information on this, and pictures ?

Thanks

I'm in the same boat as you mate - just picked up a nice B5 (96) and I need to find a boot spoiler and front bumper spoiler. I've seen pics of the Votex kit on a facelift (post 99?) B5 somewhere - looks nice - very subtle but gives the car a few extra lines to give it an aggressive look. I know the post facelift cars have slightly different shaped bumpers, so I'm afraid I can't comment on how the Votex front would look on an early B5 (as in the one up on ebay).

I think Votex is an aftermarket styling/accessories arm linked in some way to VAG - maybe it's not part of Audi/VW but their kits are approved under warranty or something like that.

The kit for the B5 basically replaces (or sits on top of?) the black trim under the front and rear bumpers with slightly deeper trim - which is obviously painted body-colour first, along with some half-decent looking sideskirts. Definately an improvement over standard, without being OTT.

But that's as much as I can help you with for now, so if anyone has any pics or links to pics of a B5 with the Votex kit then post them here. Also for my benefit, any pre-facelift B5 pics with the Votex kit would be great.

One last thing, is there such a thing as an OEM Audi bootspoiler for the B5 - or is it a case of finding a decent aftermarket one? If so, any in particular I should consider?

PS: Please don't think I'm hijacking your thread mate, but I think we both want to find out the same thing so hope you don't mind.

Cheers.

Thanks mate. That's more or less what I'm after, but I'm thinking more along the lines of this week rather than 4 months! Cheers anyway. Is that genuine Audi then?

I'm personally not sure about the M3 lip spoiler - alot are going for it, but I think the style you have at the moment looks about right. Where did you get yours? I've been quoted 125 quid for a genuine Audi one with brake light, but I'd rather not spend that much if I can get away with it! And does yours have 2 mounting points or 3? A picture directly from the rear would help.

Thanks again.

[ QUOTE ]
Drew 2226 said:
Thanks mate. That's more or less what I'm after, but I'm thinking more along the lines of this week rather than 4 months! Cheers anyway. Is that genuine Audi then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Was on the car when I got it so no idea of cost or origin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Drew 2226 said: And does yours have 2 mounting points or 3? A picture directly from the rear would help.

[/ QUOTE ]

3 points- As i'm such a nice guy here you go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Looks pretty nice mate. I'll do a bit of research tomorrow and I should think I'll end up with something similar (for a bargain price hopefully - A remap won't pay for itself!).

Thanks for that.

my A4 quattro come from the dealer with the same type spoiler too. it was an option i think? it was'nt fitted very well so i thought i would remove it and renew the rusty screws that held it on. i'd only had the car 3 weeks and some thieving git ripped it off one night.

i was'nt a happy bunny as youd well imagine!

its been about 8 months now and i still hav'nt got a replacement for it! (not that i'm that lazy! it just needed money spending on it to fix the creaking and banging first.) I found a couple of companys around uk that sell them for around £80 ready primered inc delivery, sadly i've lost all my links and cif remember their names.

try www.extremeautoaccessories.co.uk i seem to remember they were cheapish

i'll get mine done soon cos it looks crap where the spoiler once sat on the bootlid

hope you get yours sorted

Cheers Scrupes.

Sorry to hear about the thieves mate, it really does my head in when people can't keep their hands to themselves. And if they were caught, the police have to go through the disheartening procedure of charging them, spending hours on paperwork, only for our 'Justice' system to send them home with 20 mins community service and a slapped wrist.

Anyway, back on topic, think I'm getting closer to finding something - spent hours searching sites last night (including your link) and I'm building up a decent picture of what to buy/how much. The good thing is, I should still have some left over to play with the turbo.

Drew.