problem with immoobiliser deativation with new key

I

imported_bpascua

Hello,

So I buy a new key from Audi at the cost of £75. Now I notice that every couple of days the car stalls after starting (then runs ok) with the immobiliser light flashing. Strange I though? I plugged it into a vag com and I get the following -

17978 - Engine Start Blocked by Immobilizer
P1570 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

I get this issue so far only with my new key - does this mean I could go back to Audi and tell them to sort it out? surely it must be some odd about the new key if I dont get it with the old one?

Any ideas?

Briam

I took the car back to audi - despite me having seen the above error code Audi said there were no engine faults stored at all. Reading Audi should be on the cook report. They offered to replace the immobiliser control unit for £260 if it happens again - thats wonderful. So my old key doesnt have any problems, the new key does? and thats my problem is it? what a crock of [censored]...

Hi! well i got a 96 A4. and i got a bit of an imobiliser problem. sometimes i will put the key in, turn it on, and well the light starts flashing. if i then push and hold the key in...most of the times it wont do it. I have heard the a4 hs a problem with the imobilser somethin to do with the steering colum being moved ot many times. any advice?