Main stealer rip off key re-coding, is there another way?

mrpies

Reaction score
So sunday whilst on holiday my key blade broke, luckily i had a spare with me. Called up my local audi garage today and they want £74 + vat to code my new key!!

This seems high to me, or is that about the right price?

If you just need a blade then just get a keysmith to copy your working blade onto a blank and fit it to the fob, no coding required.

Folk on ebay will make you a blade up from a photo of the key.

Thats all assuming you have flip keys. If they're solid then you can code it yourself, but you need vagtacho to pull the SKC from the dash/immo unit.

Some folks on here have it, otherwise you can get it from ebay. You'll also need vagcom to code it in.

buy a blank blade and get it cut at a local lock smith if flip key

try another dealer - chester audi only charge for the 15mins it takes i.e. £35

If you just need a blade then just get a keysmith to copy your working blade onto a blank and fit it to the fob, no coding required.

Folk on ebay will make you a blade up from a photo of the key.

Thats all assuming you have flip keys. If they're solid then you can code it yourself, but you need vagtacho to pull the SKC from the dash/immo unit.

Some folks on here have it, otherwise you can get it from ebay. You'll also need vagcom to code it in.

Cheers mate, i already have the blade as it is a 3 button flip key, its the base where the little pin goes through that had snapped, also the buttons are worn so i would like to use a new one anyway.

I dont have vagotacho or vagcom, i'll try another dealer first see if the price differs?

Unless someone on here isnt far from me and could do it?....

Eeek !!!!!! York Audi programmed my ebay supplied keys for £18 all in for my old 2.8q. The 2 keys only cost me £30 for pristine examples with brand new immo chips in each one, plus £7.50 to have a locksmith cut them.

chester audi only charge for the 15mins it takes i.e. £35

how do they get away charging £140 an hour?!
jesus thats £1400 a day!! nice work if you can get it

where abouts are you mrpies? im in stoke if thats any use

chester audi are a brand new dealership (and its in ellesmere port not chester) i suspect once there client base goes up there prices will aswell

where abouts are you mrpies? im in stoke if thats any use

chester audi are a brand new dealership (and its in ellesmere port not chester) i suspect once there client base goes up there prices will aswell

Hi mate, im in birmingham, can you do the key for me then?